MARC Dialogue Teams
MARC Dialogue Teams is a group-learning strategy designed to help build inclusive leadership skills and enhance workplace culture on a grassroots level. Self-led teams of employees from any and all areas and levels of their organizations gather monthly to discuss a progression of topics, with a specific focus on engaging men and creating effective gender partnerships. Catalyst supplies an agenda and other supporting materials for each meeting, including a participant workbook and guided discussion questions.
Participants will develop their ability to see through someone else’s perspective; practice having dialogues across differences; and advance skills to support a climate of inclusion, regardless of level.
Designed to be a progressive learning journey
Year One of MARC Dialogue Teams introduces foundational concepts around personal barriers to inclusion. In Year Two, participants support one another as they commit to ongoing learning and advocacy that sustains a culture of inclusion and equity. Prior to launch, companies are required to complete at least one MARC Leaders immersive workshop in the relevant region(s).
- Discuss the need for men’s involvement and the importance of effective gender partnership.
- Build self-awareness by learning to identify both personal and systemic barriers to inclusion.
- Explore the actions required to become an advocate for gender equity.
- Learn how to interrupt exclusionary behaviors and challenge gender stereotypes.
- Develop and foster inclusive leadership behaviors and skills.
- Commit to ongoing learning and advocacy that sustains a culture of inclusion and gender equity.
Expert guidance for implementation
- Pre-implementation planning session to develop an in-depth implementation strategy.
- Post-launch event phone check-in.
- Mid-point touchpoint phone check-in.
- Post-program debrief between Catalyst team and client project team covering impact evaluation and ongoing program optimization.
Audience: Employees across all levels
Format: In-person or virtual
Duration: Two 1-year cycles of 10 monthly 1-hour meetings
Number of Participants: 7–10 per team; unlimited number of teams
Overview PDF: MARC Dialogue Teams
For more information, contact us at [email protected].
The MARC Community is an online hub for men committed to addressing gender inequality in the workplace. We offer tips for taking action and a forum.
MARC Leaders is program that enables business leaders to enhance awareness of inequality and critical inclusive leadership strategies.
MARC Networks is a peer-coaching solution for supporting diversity champions and collaboration among individuals committed to inclusion.
Catalyst receives the largest grant in its 50+ year history.