MARC Dialogue Teams
Creating Inclusive Workplaces, Together
MARC Dialogue Teams is a group-learning strategy, designed to help build inclusive leadership skills and enhance workplace culture on a grassroots level. Self-led teams of employees from any and all areas and levels of a participating organization gather monthly to discuss a progression of topics, with a specific focus on engaging men and building gender partnerships.
Catalyst provides an agenda and all supporting materials for each meeting. Year One introduces foundational concepts around personal barriers to inclusion; in Year Two, participants support one another as they commit to ongoing learning and advocacy that sustains a culture of inclusion and equity.
Prior to launch, companies are required to complete at least one MARC Leaders Immersive Workshop in the relevant region(s).
MARC Dialogue Teams participants will:
- Discuss the need for male involvement and the importance of effective gender partnership,
- Build self-awareness by learning to identify both personal and systemic barriers to inclusion,
- Explore the actions required to become an advocate for gender equity,
- Learn how to interrupt exclusionary behaviors and challenge gender stereotypes,
- Develop and foster inclusive leadership behaviors and skills,
- Commit to ongoing learning and advocacy that sustains a culture of inclusion and gender equity.
For information on how to implement MARC Dialogue Teams in your organization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is MARC Dialogue Teams for?
MARC Dialogue Teams is a program for developing and sustaining inclusive leadership. In a MARC Dialogue Team, a small group of men and women facilitate their own discussions on a progression of monthly topics supported by resources from MARC.
Team members will develop their ability to see through someone else’s perspective, practice having dialogues across differences, and advance skills to support a climate of inclusion regardless of one’s organizational level. Ideally, teams will be populated with 60% to 70% male participants and a diverse cross-section of employees, e.g., functional role, leadership level, affinity groups, to enhance the discussion.
MARC Dialogue Teams is ideally suited for:
- Individuals and organizations who have participated in a MARC Leaders Immersive Workshop,
- Individuals who are eager to take action on inclusion issues and want to learn more,
- Leaders in organizations who are actively engaged in supporting workplace equity.
Benefits of MARC Dialogue Teams
- Space to engage in respectful candid conversations about gender and its impact in the workplace,
- Opportunity to develop an inclusive skillset that is critical to business performance,
- Access to tools and strategies that increase leadership effectiveness,
- Membership in a network of supportive, like-minded professionals and leaders,
- Opportunity to gain visibility as a champion of inclusion in your organization.
- Higher-performing teams able to question norms, work cohesively, and become more innovative,
- Platform for leaders to demonstrate the company’s commitment to inclusion,
- Translation of Catalyst’s robust library of MARC resources into content scaled for all learners,
- Ability to leverage investments in inclusive leadership development programs, such as MARC Leaders Immersive.
For more information, contact us at MARC@catalyst.org.
The MARC Community is an online hub for men committed to addressing gender inequality in the workplace. We offer tips for taking action and a forum.
MARC Leaders is program that enables business leaders to enhance awareness of inequality and critical inclusive leadership strategies.
MARC Networks is a peer-coaching solution for supporting diversity champions and collaboration among individuals committed to inclusion.
Catalyst receives the largest grant in its 50+ year history.