This MARC Leaders Workshop is a unique Catalyst program that enables directors through senior executives to sharpen awareness of inequality, develop critical inclusive leadership strategies, and hone skills to make a lasting impact.
In this 1.5 day workshop, participants will engage with a cross-company network to enhance their own leadership effectiveness and discuss ways to effect change in their respective organizations.
- Examine the factors that both limit and drive men’s participation.
- Explore gender stereotypes, mutual benefits of equality, and strategies for establishing effective partnerships between men and women.
- Discuss workplace culture and the experience of insider/outsider status.
- Uncover unconscious bias, privilege, and opportunities and skills for leaders to drive change.
I became more aware of my biases and gained a better appreciation for the critical role that men play in driving systemic change.MARC Leaders Participant
9:00 AM—12:00 PM
Welcome and Foundation-Setting
- Why MARC? Why focus on Men?
- What brings us together and what separates us?
- Social Identity and “Otherness.”
- Inclusive Leadership and Partnering.
12:00 PM—12:45 PM
12:45 PM—5:00 PM
- Systemic Cultural Advantage.
- Exploring “Privilege” and its productive use.
- Social Conditioning and Gender Roles.
9:00 PM—12:00 PM
Establishing Effective Partnerships
- Mitigating the Effects of Unconscious Bias.
- Overcoming Barriers to Male Engagement.
- Inclusive Communication Skills.
- Deepening the Dialogue.
9:00 PM—12:00 PM
12:00 PM—2:00 PM
Action Planning and Next Steps as Inclusive Leaders
Catalyst Supporter price: $1,200/€1,200 per person
All others: $1,500/€1,500 per person
Group pricing available. Contact us at [email protected].
Overview PDF: MARC Leaders Workshop
The MARC Community is an online hub for men committed to addressing gender inequality in the workplace. We feature the…
MARC Networks accelerate culture change through peer coaching. Intended for leaders who have taken part in MARC Leaders or similar…
MARC Teams is a group-learning strategy for creating inclusive workplaces on a grassroots level. In a MARC Team, a small…
New York City, NY, February 26, 2019—Engaging male leaders has never been more critical to real, sustainable workplace equality. Recognizing…