WEBINAR: DEI Missteps: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
December 13, 2023 10:00 am EST — December 13, 2023 11:00 am EST
Supporter price: $0.00
Regular price: $300.00
December 13, 2023 10:00 am EST — December 13, 2023 11:00 am ESTSupporter price: $0.00 Regular price: $300.00
This event will be hosted in the following time zones:
10am-11am EST | 7am-8am PST | 4pm-5pm CET
DEI work is often messy. While many companies have made DEI a top priority, many organizations make major missteps that lead to initiatives without impact. Mistakes result in unintended consequences that are counterproductive.
Join this webinar as we discuss how teams can garner the support and tools they need to acknowledge mistakes, learn from them, own their impact, and plan for the unexpected.
We will discuss common pitfalls, such as:
- The growing pains involved in DEI programs that lack clear definitions and/or include one-off trainings.
- Ignoring the distinction between equality and equity.
- Neglecting structures marginalized groups need to thrive at work or assuming homogeneity within a minority group.
As well as critical solutions, such as:
- Recognizing DEI requires change management through senior leadership buy-in and funding and not just single-handedly owned by the DEI function.
- Looking beyond the diversity quota and finding ways to create a sense of belonging for employees from marginalized communities.
Note: Please log in to the website with your Catalyst Supporter organization email to access registration. If you are NOT a Catalyst Supporter, please email us to proceed with payment and registration. For questions, please contact [email protected].
This event is available to employees of Catalyst Supporters only.
If you are an employee of a Catalyst Supporter, please make sure you registered and logged in using your work email address.