Leading for Equity and Inclusion Workshops
Providing the Leadership Skills You Need to Succeed in Uncertain Times
The unprecedented challenges posed by the pandemic have forced organizations to establish new models for business continuity and viability. Employees at every level are adjusting to remote work. And many are homeschooling children, or caring for elderly parents—all while coping with the physical and emotional toll of social distancing.
As organizations adapt to this new normal and teams work together in new ways, Catalyst has modified many of its Leading for Equity and Inclusion workshops for remote delivery. The workshops aim to help managers foster inclusive workplaces where employees feel trusted, valued, and psychologically safe in these uncertain times.
Catalyst’s Lead for Equity and Inclusion workshops are:
- Facilitated by a live Catalyst expert.
- Delivered on a secure virtual learning platform.
- Two hours long.
- Able to host up to 50 participants.
The workshops provide participants with a highly interactive learning experience that connects learners with the facilitator and each other throughout the session.
Our learning curriculum empowers leaders, from executives to frontline employees, with the critical knowledge and skills needed to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, and serve diverse clients and customers. In each interactive workshop, learners examine their own assumptions and biases; analyze their own and others’ behaviors; and practice skills through engaging activities, insightful case studies, and practical self-assessment. Emerging leaders, line leaders, directors, and managers will gain a clear understanding of what it means to be an inclusive leader and why it’s essential in today’s global marketplace.
Workshops can be deployed independently or bundled to align with your learning program framework needs.
To learn more, contact Terrence Underwood, Senior Director, Learning Products and Programs.
This session provided me the tools and awareness to evaluate exclusive activities in my day-to-day activities and within my organization. Before this workshop, I would have said that my team was definitely inclusive, but afterwards, my sensitivity is heightened and I would say there is work to be done to increase inclusion.—First-level leader, Technology Company
Virtual Instructor-Led Workshops
Below you will find an overview of the key learning goals for each of the Leading for Equity and Inclusion workshops.
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership
- Understand unconscious bias and its impact.
- Become aware of and begin to address internal, interpersonal, and organizational biases.
- Understand the importance of inclusion and its role in inclusive leadership.
- Identify and commit to actions to create a more inclusive culture.
Becoming an Inclusive Leader
- Develop awareness of unconscious biases and their impact in the workplace.
- Define inclusion and diversity.
- Identify strategies to become a more inclusive leader.
- Understand the Catalyst Inclusive Leadership Model and competencies.
- Demonstrate authentic communication across difference.
- Develop tools to interrupt bias or discrimination through inclusive expression.
- Understand inclusive leadership competencies.
- Cultivate tools to recognize and combat microaggressions.
Understanding Gender Equity
- Understand what gender equity is and why it matters.
- Recognize gender inequity in the workplace.
- Learn gender equity best practices.
- Identify actions to address gender inequity in your workplace.
Emotional Tax in the Workplace
- Understand what emotional tax is and its impact on women and men of color.
- Understand the importance of fostering an inclusive workplace and highlighting inclusive leadership in addressing emotional tax.
- Listen to and learn from colleagues’ personal stories about aspects of their identity.
- Explore and utilize strategies to create an empowering workplace, including: Talk to Me, Trust Me, Stand By Me, Equip Me, and Five Inclusive Communication Skills.
Managing Diverse Teams Inclusively
- Understand what limits trust and psychological safety on a team.
- Reflect on your identity and its influence on experiences at work.
- Reflect on the level of trust, psychological safety, and inclusion on your team.
- Acquire strategies and tools for building trust, psychological safety, and greater inclusion within your team.
Understanding Gender Identity
- Understand the complexity of gender.
- Reflect on and share personal experiences of and influences on your gender identity.
- Understand the importance of self-determination and the impact of non-acceptance on intersex, transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary employees.
- Identify actions to foster inclusion and allyship with intersex, transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary colleagues.
Download our Virtual Offerings flyer for information on these workshops and more Catalyst virtual learning opportunities.
This blended-learning curriculum empowers leaders with the skills they need to build more inclusive workplaces.
The groundbreaking Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator is the premier diagnostic tool to evaluate and monitor how teams and employees are experiencing inclusion.