Leaders need to take bold steps to make change. Accelerate progress on creating equitable workplaces with these Catalyst resources.
Providing the Leadership Skills You Need to Succeed in Uncertain Times
Our inclusion workshops are for first-line managers to rising leaders. They equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, communicate effectively, and foster positive and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and customers.
As organizations navigate new ways of working together, it is imperative for leaders to develop inclusive leadership behaviors to cultivate an environment where employees feel trusted, valued, and psychologically safe. In each interactive workshop, learners examine their own assumptions and biases, analyze their own and others’ behaviors, and practice skills through engaging activities, insightful case studies, and practical self-assessment. Emerging leaders, line leaders, directors, and managers will gain a clear understanding of what it means to contribute to an inclusive culture, why inclusion is essential in today’s business landscape, and how to be a more effective team member and leader.
Catalyst’s Inclusion Workshops provide participants with a highly interactive learning experience. These workshops are:
- Interactive, with hands-on activities and collaborative group work
- Virtual Instructor-led workshops or via site licenses
- For up to 50 participants
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership
- Understand unconscious bias and its impact.
- Become aware of and begin to address internal, interpersonal, and organizational biases.
- Understand the importance of inclusion and its role in leadership.
- Identify and commit to actions to create a more inclusive culture.
Managing Diverse Teams Inclusively
- Understand what limits trust and psychological safety on a team.
- Reflect on your identity and its influence on your experiences at work.
- Reflect on the level of trust, psychological safety, and inclusion on your team.
- Acquire strategies and tools for building trust, psychological safety, and belonging within your team.
- Demonstrate authentic communication across difference.
- Develop tools to interrupt bias or discrimination through inclusive expression.
- Understand inclusive leadership competencies.
- Cultivate tools to recognize and combat microaggressions.
Becoming an Inclusive Leader
- Develop awareness of unconscious biases and their impact in the workplace.
- Define inclusion and diversity.
- Identify strategies to become a more inclusive leader.
- Understand the Catalyst Inclusive Leadership Model and competencies.
- Understand microaggressions and key related concepts.
- Interrupt and address microaggressions.
- Probe pain points that prevent you from talking about and addressing microaggressions.
- Develop the skills and tools you can take as the receiver, initiator, or bystander of a microaggression.
- Understand allyship and key related concepts.
- Reflect on and share personal experiences of allyship in action or situations when allyship was needed and not present.
- Identify opportunities and specific behaviors to become an ally.
- Gain a clearer picture of people’s strengths and unique contributions to better understand how to support your colleagues.
- Understand structural inequities that affect marginalized groups and unlock powerful opportunities for enacting change within the workplace.
Please reach out to us for more information about pricing and availability.
CatalystX online training offers on-demand, self-paced training via the Harvard/MIT learning platform, edX. These free courses include a variety of impactful learning tools to help you practice and develop a variety of different inclusive leadership skills. CatalystX course offerings include:
- Advancing Equity and Inclusion Through Gender Partnership
- Race, Gender, and Workplace Equity Professional Certification Program
- Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action
- Communication Skills for Dialoguing Across Difference
- Facing Racism and Emotional Tax in the Workplace
- Understanding Gender Equity
- Inclusive Leadership Professional Certification Program
- Becoming a Successful Leader
- Cómo Convertirse en un Líder Exitoso (in Spanish)
- Get Beyond Work-Life Balance
- Leading With Effective Communication
Catalyst offers facilitated and self-guided virtual programming to our Supporter organizations on their inclusion journey.
MARC (Men Advocating Real Change) programs and solutions help you and your organization advocate for gender equity.
Vital Signs helps you measure representation, hiring, promotions, turnover, and key metrics to track patterns and inform future talent decisions.