Not just a ‘Women’s Issue’: How Gender Equality Benefits Men Too
November 22, 2022 6:30 pm GMT — November 22, 2022 7:45 pm GMT
30 Aldwych, 8th Floor
November 22, 2022 6:30 pm GMT — November 22, 2022 7:45 pm GMTBush House 30 Aldwych, 8th Floor
London, WC2B 4BG United Kingdom
About this event
Research by GIWL and Ipsos UK has found that one in five people around the world feel men have lost out as a result of feminism, with men more likely than women to agree with this view. However, everyone gains in more equal societies.
Gender norms don’t dictate how men should behave and live, and there’s evidence that men’s life satisfaction is greater in more gender-equal nations, including improvements in men’s mental health. Fathers also get more time to spend with their children because of shared parental leave policies.
To hear more about how everyone benefits from gender equity and how organisations can move towards more equity by building gender equal partnerships, join GIWL and Catalyst– a global non-profit supported by many of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women.
All are welcome – particularly men!
- Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Professor of Business Psychology, Columbia and UCL, Chief Innovation Officer, ManpowerGroup, and author of Why do so many incompetent men become leaders?
- Tomi Isaacs, Senior Director, UK Corporate Engagement, Catalyst
- Avi Khan, CEO, North American operations, Hilti
- Rosie Campbell, Professor of Politics and Director of the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership at King’s College London
- Julia Gillard, 27th Prime Minister of Australia and Chair of the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership at King’s College London (Chair)
18:15: Arrival and registration
18:30: Event starts
19:45: Drinks reception
This is a free event, which means we overbook to allow for no-shows and to avoid empty seats. While we generally do not have to turn people away, this does mean we cannot guarantee everyone a place. Admission is on a first come, first served basis.
Please note we may video and take photos at the event for our own internal and external marketing purposes – if you would prefer not to be featured, please let us know in advance or make yourself known to a member of the events team on the night.