Leading for Equity and Inclusion Workshops
Providing the Leadership Skills You Need to Succeed
Leading for Equity and Inclusion workshops are a blended-learning curriculum that empowers women and men leaders with the critical knowledge and skills they need to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, and serve diverse clients and customers. In each interactive workshop, learners examine their own assumptions and bias; understand behaviors; and practice skills through engaging activities, insightful case studies, and practical self-assessment. Emerging leaders, line leaders, directors, and managers will gain a clear understanding of what it means to lead for equity and inclusion and why it’s essential in today’s global marketplace.
Catalyst’s Lead for Equity and Inclusion workshops are:
- Instructor-led by a Catalyst expert and available in three formats: on-site, virtual, or site license (with train-the-trainer option).
- 2-4 hours long.
- Formatted to provide participants a highly interactive learning experience that connects learners with the facilitator and each other throughout the session.
- Deployed independently or bundled to align with your learning program framework.
This session provided me the tools and awareness to evaluate exclusive activities in my day-to-day activities and within my organization. Before this workshop, I would have said that my team was definitely inclusive, but afterwards, my sensitivity is heightened and I would say there is work to be done to increase inclusion.First-level leader, Technology Company
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership provides an overview of inclusion and takes a deep dive into understanding unconscious bias through three perspectives: individual, interpersonal, and organizational.
- Understand unconscious bias and its impact.
- Become aware of and begin to address internal, interpersonal, and organizational biases.
- Understand the importance of inclusion and the role of an inclusive leader.
- Identify and commit to actions to create a more inclusive workplace culture.
Becoming an Inclusive Leader
Becoming an Inclusive Leader, using an interactive case study, guides participants as they explore their associations with inclusive leadership and presents practical strategies to be a more inclusive leader.
- Develop awareness of unconscious biases and their impact in the workplace.
- Define inclusion and diversity.
- Identify strategies to become a more inclusive leader.
- Understand Catalyst Inclusive Leadership Model and competencies.
Inclusive Communication explores the barriers to inclusive workplace communication and helps participants develop their own inclusive communication style so they can thrive as a leader.
- Demonstrate authentic communication across difference.
- Develop tools to interrupt bias or discrimination through inclusive expression.
- Understand inclusive leadership competencies.
- Cultivate tools to recognize and combat microaggressions.
Understanding Gender Equity
Understanding Gender Equity facilitates participants’ understanding of gender equity, why it matters, and how to recognize and address inequity in the workplace.
- Understand what gender equity is and why it matters.
- Recognize gender inequity in the workplace.
- Learn gender equity best practices.
- Identify actions to address gender inequity in your workplace.
- Emotional Tax
- Gender Identity
To learn more, contact Terrence Underwood, Senior Director, Learning Products and Programs.
Learn about the Leading for Equity and Inclusion Virtual Workshops.
Catalyst works hand-in-hand with Supporters to help you achieve a culture of equity and inclusion.
The groundbreaking Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator is the premier diagnostic tool to evaluate and monitor how teams and employees are experiencing inclusion.
Microburst learnings quickly upskill middle managers on inclusive behaviors to support change.
Join CatalystX, in partnership with edX, in a series of online courses on how to become an inclusive leader.
Our consultants will help you turn diversity into a business advantage.