Inclusive Recruitment: Ask Catalyst ExpressMay 12, 2022
If organizations want to increase diversity in their workforces, they need to ensure that their recruiting processes and hiring strategies are inclusive. This includes reevaluating job qualifications, writing inclusive job postings, seeking talent in new places and with expanded methods, using diverse candidate slates and interview panels, and more.
Catalyst Resources on Inclusive Recruitment
- 7 Things You Can Do to Recruit Women of Color
- Five Things You Need To Know About Our New “Break The Cycle” Toolkit
- Can You Spot The Gender Bias In This Job Description?
- Break the Cycle – Eliminating Gender Bias in Talent Management Systems (see also: French translation)
- Be Inclusive Every Day
- A Bright Spot: How Diverse Slate Policies Help Close the Gender Gap Supporter Exclusive
The companies highlighted have all won the Catalyst Award for cutting-edge initiatives that address the recruitment, development, and advancement of all women, including diverse women, by adopting diverse slate policies or practices.
- Schneider Electric – Attracting and Retaining Women in Schneider Electric India Supporter Exclusive
With the launch of the initiative in 2014, the company undertook a focused recruiting effort, targeting women starting their careers, mid-management, and senior women. To compensate for the low representation of women in the manufacturing industry, Schneider Electric India recruiters also intentionally reached out to women outside of the industry to broaden the pool of talent and ensure that women role models will be there for future generations of women.
- Bank of America – Investing in Women Supporter Exclusive
To attract diverse talent, Bank of America partners with over 200 colleges, universities, and organizations around the world to recruit accomplished people of all backgrounds.
- Boston Scientific: Accelerating Progress for Women by Creating Equal Opportunities for Growth Supporter Exclusive
The company’s Creating Equal Opportunities for Growth initiative was a global effort to support the acceleration of career advancement and address barriers that women and multicultural talent faced at the start of the initiative. The multifaceted initiative ignited a cultural shift that continues to this day. Core elements include improving diversity awareness and inclusion competency skills for all employees, holding leaders accountable for meaningful efforts and results, and increasing transparency and communication about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts and progress.
- RBC: Speak Up for Inclusion Supporter Exclusive
In addition, RBC leverages a strategic program called Pursue Your Potential (PyP) to support Indigenous employment candidates. PyP gives candidates access to a recruitment coordinator/coach who provides resume and interview advice and other useful information to facilitate the job search.
- Break the Cycle—HR Experts: Eliminating Gender Bias From the Recruitment Process Supporter Exclusive
Includes forms to develop structured interviews, interview reviews, and other processes to help root out unconscious bias to break the cycle that disadvantages women and other underrepresented groups.
- Vital Signs Supporter Exclusive
Catalyst’s foundational methodology for understanding organizational workforce and hiring through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Advancing Women in Tech-Intensive Industries: Transforming Organizational Cultures Supporter Exclusive
An interactive tool with organizational self-assessments, suggestions for how to take action, and examples of corporate practices to help organizations become an employer of choice for high-potential women throughout the pipeline.
- Talent Management Evaluation – Inclusive Recruiting Supporter Exclusive
- 6 Steps to a More Inclusive Recruiting Process Supporter Exclusive
- 5 Actions Managers Can Take To Break The Gender Bias Cycle Supporter Exclusive
- 5 Actions Managers Can Take to Break the Gender Bias Cycle – Asia-Pacific Supporter Exclusive
Other Resources on Diversity Recruitment
- 13 Ways To Seek Out More Diverse Candidates For Critical Positions Forbes
- 7 Practical Ways to Reduce Bias in Your Hiring Process Harvard Business Review
- Four Ways to Cultivate Diverse Candidate Pools The Globe and Mail
- Inclusive Recruiting: Five Frequently Asked Questions Forbes
- Skills-based hiring: why traditional hiring methods don’t work anymore HR Forecast
- The Guardian Jobs Guide to Inclusive Recruitment The Guardian
- You Need a Skills-Based Approach to Hiring and Developing Talent Harvard Business Review
Return to Ask Catalyst Express.