Benchmarking: Ask Catalyst ExpressApr 13, 2018
Catalyst does not have a benchmarking service. Freely available benchmarking data can be difficult to find and sometimes may not even exist. We have attempted, however, to gather what is publicly available. While external benchmarking can be useful, it doesn’t give a complete picture of an organization’s talent pipeline. Catalyst believes organizations should seek solutions through internal benchmarking to identify the organization’s own strengths, challenges, and opportunities. We provide two Catalyst supporter-only tools that will help you ask the right questions to provide insight into your own organization’s talent pool. For organizations starting a diversity initiative, the following entries in the Ask Catalyst Express series will be especially helpful.
Catalyst Benchmarking Resources
Understand Your Own Organization
- Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator Supporter Exclusive
- The Vital Signs Toolkit Supporter Exclusive
Gather External Data
- Catalyst Information Center Guide to Benchmarking Supporter Exclusive
- Spreadsheet of Organizations with Publicly Available Diversity Data Supporter Exclusive
- To receive this, please submit a request to the Catalyst Information Center.
- Enbridge Inc.—Diversity Dashboard Supporter Exclusive
Excerpt: The dashboard has added accountability for diversity and inclusion at Enbridge, while also allowing the company to focus its efforts on strategic opportunity areas. The transparency of the dashboard enables leaders across the company to benchmark the diversity of their teams in comparison to the rest of the organization, identify gaps, develop action plans and draw attention to where increased representation is needed.
- PepsiCo Mexico—Promoting Gender Equity and Women’s Leadership: Creating Inclusive Environments and Developing Female Talent Supporter Exclusive
Excerpt: In 2004 the executive committee began setting goals annually that are applied across the company, including targets for the representation of women. The committee sets these goals each year by committing to achieving higher women’s representation than the year prior.
- India Inc.: From Intention To Impact
This report indicates a gap between organizations’ well-intended corporate initiatives and the impact of those initiatives in creating more inclusive workplaces for women.
- 2010 India Benchmarking Report
The report is based on the responses of 56 India-headquartered companies and India subsidiaries of Europe- and North America-headquartered companies across eight industry sectors.
- Corporate Landscape In Mexico: Understanding Approaches To Talent Management And Women’s Inclusion
This report delves into workforce representation in Mexico, including interviews with leading business experts offering context and firsthand understanding of the critical factors affecting company talent management and women’s inclusion strategies in Mexico.
Other Benchmarking Sources
- 20-first Global Gender Balance Scorecard Global, by country, by sector 20-First
- Women in Business: The Path to Leadership Grant Thornton
- EEOC Statistics U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Return to Ask Catalyst Express.