2012 Catalyst Census: Financial Post 500 Women Senior Officers and Top Earners (Report)Feb 19, 2013
The 2012 Catalyst Census: Financial Post 500 Women Senior Officers and Top Earners tracks:
- Women’s share of all senior officer positions.
- Women’s share of senior officer top earner positions at public companies.
- All companies and public companies with 0 percent, 25 percent or more, and 40 percent or more women senior officers.
- Women’s share of senior officer positions in public companies, private companies, Crown corporations, and cooperatives.
The appendices provide additional points of comparison by region and industry, as well as list companies with the highest and lowest representation of women senior officers.
- In 2012, women held 18.1 percent of senior officer positions at Financial Post 500 companies and 6.9 percent of senior officer top earner positions at public companies.
- In both 2010 and 2012, nearly one-third of all companies had 25 percent or more women senior officers, while approximately the same proportion had no women senior officers.
- Appendix 1—Methodology
- Appendix 2—Companies With 25% Or More Women Senior Officers
- Appendix 3—Companies With Zero Women Senior Officers
- Appendix 4—Women’s Representation By Province/Territory
- Appendix 5—Women’s Representation By NAICS Industry
Mentor Circle Sponsor: Ernst & Young
Research Partners: Bloomberg, BMO Financial Group, Chevron Corporation, Credit Suisse, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Desjardins Group, Deutsche Bank AG, Ernst & Young, General Motors Company, Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM Corporation, KeyBank, McDonald’s Corporation, PPL Corporation, Sodexo, UPS
Authored by: Liz Mulligan-Ferry