Six Prominent Corporate Leaders Join the Catalyst Advisory Board in Canada (Media Release)October 11, 2019
Toronto, ON (October 10, 2019) — Catalyst, the leading global nonprofit focused on accelerating progress for women through workplace inclusion, today announced six new appointments to its Advisory Board in Canada, all formidable leaders in Canadian business. The new members join a distinguished group of CEOs representing leading corporations and professional firms, who guide Catalyst’s strategy to accomplish its mission in Canada.
The new advisory board members are: Susan Bartlett, President & CEO, Bridgeable; Rola Dagher, President & CEO Cisco Canada; Goldy Hyder, President and CEO, Business Council of Canada; Al Monaco, President and CEO, Enbridge Inc.; Jeffrey Russell, President Accenture Inc.; and Anthony Viel, CEO Deloitte Canada.
“Having these influential women and men at the table, representing a diversity of business sectors and with considerable platforms of influence, will add tremendous value to Catalyst as we work together to accelerate progress,” says Victor G. Dodig, President and CEO, CIBC and Chair, Catalyst Canada Advisory Board. “Each brings a remarkable depth of knowledge, experience, and commitment to supporting inclusive work environments that leverage the best and brightest talent.”
“We are thrilled to welcome these exceptional leaders to our Canadian Advisory Board and grateful for their willingness to devote their time and energy to helping us advance our mission in Canada,” says Tanya van Biesen, Executive Director, Canada, Catalyst. “Together with our other Advisory Board members, this group is the most influential of its kind in this country.”
The new appointees join the following Catalyst Canada Advisory Board members:
- Victor G. Dodig, President and CEO, CIBC (Chair)
- Beth Wilson, Canada CEO, Dentons (Vice Chair)
- Suzanne Bergeron, President, Sodexo Canada
- John E. Betts, President & CEO, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Ltd.
- George A. Cope, President & CEO, BCE Inc. and Bell Canada
- Suzanne Fortier, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, McGill University
- Lorraine Hariton, President & CEO, Catalyst
- Linda Hasenfratz, CEO, Linamar Corporation
- Beth Horowitz, Non-Executive Director, HSBC Bank Canada
- Elio Luongo, CEO and Senior Partner, KPMG LLP Canada
- David I. McKay, President & CEO, RBC
- Lorraine Mitchelmore, Corporate Director and former President, Shell Canada Ltd.
- Ellen J. Moore, President, Chubb Insurance Company of Canada
- David Pathe, President & CEO, Sherritt International
- Bruce B. Simpson, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company, Canada
- Tanya van Biesen, Executive Director, Canada, Catalyst
- Darryl White, CEO, BMO Financial Group
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership—because progress for women is progress for everyone.
FB Strategies Group
[email protected] com