Webinar: International Women’s Day
March 1, 2021 11:00 am EST — March 1, 2021 12:00 pm EST
Supporter price: $0.00
Regular price: $300.00
March 1, 2021 11:00 am EST — March 1, 2021 12:00 pm ESTSupporter price: $0.00 Regular price: $300.00
This webinar will be hosted in the following time zones:
11:00AM – 12:00PM EST | 8:00AM – 9:00AM PST | 4:00PM – 5:00PM GMT
International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global celebration of the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women – achievements made despite the systemic biases challenging women’s equitable participation in workplaces around the world.
The 2021 IWD theme, #ChooseToChallenge, acknowledges both the systemic barriers challenging women’s full participation in all facets of life, including work, and the challenging and unprecedent times we are. One of those challenges, magnified by the global pandemic, is gender bias.
Bias is holding women back in the workplace – and it is up to each of us to challenge it.
Considering the devastating setbacks experienced by women, particularly women of color, in the last 12 months, IWD 2021 represents a call to action for stemming the losses that women are experiencing and setting forth a bias-free course for accelerating an equitable future of work.
Join some of the most prominent and influential leaders in gender equality for a powerful conversation about “Choosing to Challenge” the workplace and societal norms and defaults of the past, toward building a more inclusive, equitable, and bias-free future for all.
- Moderator: Lindsey Crocker, President’s Office, Catalyst
- Catalyst: Serena Fong, Vice President, Strategic Engagement, shares exciting updates on Catalyst’s award-winning awareness-to-action IWD campaign #BiasCorrect, now in its 3rd year.
- International Women’s Day: Glenda Slingsby, Engagement Officer for International Women’s Day explains how, in addition to significant worldwide collective celebration and action increasing annually, IWD has become one of the biggest employee engagement days of the year.
- Lean In: Rachel Thomas, Co-Founder and CEO, Lean In, shares 50 Ways to Fight Bias, the organization’s card-based activity that empowers employees to challenge bias at work, and other tools/activities that help individuals create a more equal workplace and contribute towards a more equal world.
- The Representation Project: Soraya Chemaly, Executive Director, The Representation Project discusses how her organization ensures all humans achieve their full potential, unencumbered by limiting gender norms through the use documentary films, education, and activism to shift the public’s attitudes and behavior around gender in order to transform culture.
Catalyst Supporter Organizations: Webinars are COMPLIMENTARY to Catalyst Supporters. To register, please log in to the Catalyst website with your Supporter organization email address. Once logged in, you will be able to reserve your ticket at the side of this page.
Note: This webinar is available to Catalyst Supporters and those that have registered for Catalyst Awards 2021 attendees through our event platform. If you would like information on how to attend Catalyst Awards 2021 please visit here.
Webinar topics, descriptions, dates and times are subject to change. For questions, please contact [email protected].