My Career Toolkit: Career Advancement
Cultivate your skills through training programs, coaching, counseling, and mentoring.
- Association for Women in Science: Mentoring, coaching, webinars, and workshops for leadership and talent development for women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Bentley University Center for Women and Business: Research, workshops, conferences, mentoring and sponsorship programs for students and professional women.
- Business and Professional Women’s Foundation: Employment and Career Services: List of services for active duty and veterans of the US military and military spouses, providing employment and career guidance, mentoring, networking, and assistance transitioning to civilian life.
- Career Intelligence.com: Career management resources for professional women, including résumé help and career assessment tools.
- CatalystX: Series of self-paced online courses offered by Catalyst, focusing on the skills and behaviors of inclusive leadership.
- Forté Foundation: Nonprofit consortium of leading companies and top business schools, facilitating access to organizations, networks, job search tools, and resources for women interested in business careers.
- The Glass Hammer: Blog and online community for professional women, including career advice, coaching, consulting, and networking events.
- Grace Institute: Program that identifies and connects women in the New York City area to jobs with advancement potential. Includes skills training, workshops and events, and job-placement and job-retention support for one year.
- The Memo: Career boot camps for women of color.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates: Nonprofit organization supporting LGBT employees in the workplace by providing networking events, cultural competency training, consulting services, and a job board.
- Show Me 50: Toolkits and other resources designed to build a case for organizational change and to advocate for gender equality in the workplace.
- Women & Leadership Australia: Leadership education and short courses, conferences, and symposia for professional women in Australia.
- Women of Influence: Programs connecting like-minded professional women, courses on career advancement, and articles on gender diversity and inclusion. Producer of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards.
Note: Many professional associations and networking groups also provide mentoring programs to members.
- Cherie Blair Foundation: Mentoring Women in Business: Mentoring program that matches women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries with mentors around the world, working one-on-one for 12 months to set and achieve business goals.
- Lilith Professional (LilithPro): Programs for women in Western Canada that combine leadership and personal development with one-to-one mentoring.
- Menttium: Facilitates cross-company corporate mentoring.
- Million Women Mentors: Mentoring program focused on engaging and retaining girls and women in STEM fields.
- Minute Mentoring: Fast-paced mentoring sessions between accomplished women leaders and early-career women.
- Organization for Women in Science in the Developing World: AuthorAID: Mentoring program that assists women in the developing world to write and communicate scientific research.
- TechWomen: Mentoring and networking program for the next generation of STEM women leaders from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East.
- Women’s Leadership & Mentoring Alliance: Mentoring program (application required to participate) for professional women, with the goal of advancing to leadership roles.
- Women Unlimited: Programs focused on developing women leaders in major corporations, using a three-pronged approach of mentoring, education, and networking. Provides descriptions of programs and outcomes, articles, and suggested readings.
Topics:Advancing Your Own Career
This toolkit identifies organizations and resources that may be helpful for you no matter what your career stage.
Find a community of like-minded professionals that celebrates diversity and inclusion.