My Career Toolkit: Career Advancement
Cultivate your skills through training programs, coaching, counseling, and mentoring.
- Association for Women in Science: Mentoring, coaching, webinars, and workshops for leadership and talent development for women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Bentley University Center for Women and Business: Research, workshops, conferences, mentoring and sponsorship programs for students and professional women.
- Business and Professional Women’s Foundation: Employment and Career Services: List of services for active duty and veterans of the US military and military spouses, providing employment and career guidance, mentoring, networking, and assistance transitioning to civilian life.
- Career Intelligence.com: Career management resources for professional women, including résumé help and career assessment tools.
- CatalystX: Series of self-paced online courses offered by Catalyst, focusing on the skills and behaviors of inclusive leadership.
- Forté Foundation: Nonprofit consortium of leading companies and top business schools, facilitating access to organizations, networks, job search tools, and resources for women interested in business careers.
- The Glass Hammer: Blog and online community for professional women, including career advice, coaching, consulting, and networking events.
- Grace Institute: Program that identifies and connects women in the New York City area to jobs with advancement potential. Includes skills training, workshops and events, and job-placement and job-retention support for one year.
- The Memo: Career boot camps for women of color.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates: Nonprofit organization supporting LGBT employees in the workplace by providing networking events, cultural competency training, consulting services, and a job board.
- Show Me 50: Toolkits and other resources designed to build a case for organizational change and to advocate for gender equality in the workplace.
- Women & Leadership Australia: Leadership education and short courses, conferences, and symposia for professional women in Australia.
- Women of Influence: Programs connecting like-minded professional women, courses on career advancement, and articles on gender diversity and inclusion. Producer of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards.
Note: Many professional associations and networking groups also provide mentoring programs to members.
- Cherie Blair Foundation: Mentoring Women in Business: Mentoring program that matches women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries with mentors around the world, working one-on-one for 12 months to set and achieve business goals.
- Lilith Professional (LilithPro): Programs for women in Western Canada that combine leadership and personal development with one-to-one mentoring.
- Menttium: Facilitates cross-company corporate mentoring.
- Million Women Mentors: Mentoring program focused on engaging and retaining girls and women in STEM fields.
- Minute Mentoring: Fast-paced mentoring sessions between accomplished women leaders and early-career women.
- Organization for Women in Science in the Developing World: AuthorAID: Mentoring program that assists women in the developing world to write and communicate scientific research.
- TechWomen: Mentoring and networking program for the next generation of STEM women leaders from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East.
- Women’s Leadership & Mentoring Alliance: Mentoring program (application required to participate) for professional women, with the goal of advancing to leadership roles.
- Women Unlimited: Programs focused on developing women leaders in major corporations, using a three-pronged approach of mentoring, education, and networking. Provides descriptions of programs and outcomes, articles, and suggested readings.
This toolkit identifies organizations and resources that may be helpful for you no matter what your career stage.
Find a community of like-minded professionals that celebrates diversity and inclusion.