Virtual Workshops – Women and the Future of Work
The future of work is now. Today’s disruptive events, social movements, shifting paradigms, and technological advancements have created a state of flux in the workplace, affecting how, when, and where we work. The quickening pace of change means that it’s more critical than ever for organizations to foster flexibility, inclusion, and people skills, such as empathy. Institutions and leaders who create more human, inclusive, and flexible workplaces that work for everyone become more resilient, gaining a competitive advantage in the future of work.
The solutions offered in this new area are designed to prepare you for this climate of change, positioning your organization as a more equitable and inclusive workplace now and into the future.
Catalyst’s Women and the Future of Work workshops are:
- Facilitated by a live Catalyst expert.
- Delivered on a secure virtual learning platform.
- Two hours long.
- Able to host up to 50 participants.
Workshops provide participants with a highly interactive learning experience that connects learners with the facilitator and each other throughout the session.
Workshops can be deployed independently or bundled to align with your learning program framework needs.
Learn how your organization can build an equitable, people-first culture to succeed in the future of work with Catalyst Supporter-only Women and the Future of Work learning solutions.
Interested in attending or hosting a session? We’d love to hear from you! Please contact [email protected].
Build new skills for a more equitable future of work.
Our first workshop in this new area focuses on developing the skill of empathy in your leaders.
About the workshop:
Demonstrating Empathy at Work
Take your learning to the next level to better demonstrate empathy in the workplace. In this two-hour virtual instructor-led training, you will be empowered with specific empathy strategies you can apply immediately, examine video-based examples of empathy in action, and receive personalized feedback on your empathy skills.
In this workshop, you will:
- Understand what empathy is.
- Understand the importance and benefits of empathy as a critical skill to cultivate for the future of work.
- Identify the barriers to empathy in the workplace.
- Practice and take back specific behaviors to demonstrate empathy in the workplace and enhance productivity and inclusion for all.
Download our Virtual Training flyer for information on this workshop and more Catalyst virtual learning opportunities.
- Empathy is the skill of showing care, concern, and understanding to the life experiences of others. It empowers people to pause, acknowledge, and appreciate others’ thoughts and feelings. Empathy is also the foundation for creating an equitable, inclusive, flexible, and remote-work environment for your organization.
- Catalyst research finds the skill of empathy has positive business outcomes for your organization and your employees, such as increased engagement, innovation, and inclusion, and decreased burnout and intent to leave.
- Empathy training focuses your leaders on bridging the empathy gap—when leaders mistakenly think they are better at exhibiting empathy than their employees perceive them to be. This will help your leaders create connections and support the lived experiences of your workers, positioning your organization to better weather rapid change as the paradigm shifts around life and work.
Topics:Future of Work
Catalyst offers facilitated and self-guided virtual programming to our Supporter organizations on their inclusion journey.
Give your managers the skills they need to succeed in uncertain times.
MARC programming empowers men to recognize inequality and respond through effective partnership across gender.