International Women’s Day (Webinar Recording)Mar 01, 2021
This content is available to employees of Catalyst Supporters only.
Not an employee of a Supporter? Find out why and how your organization can become one.
International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global celebration of the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women – achievements made despite the systemic biases challenging women’s equitable participation in workplaces around the world.
The 2021 IWD theme, #ChooseToChallenge, acknowledges both the systemic barriers challenging women’s full participation in all facets of life, including work, and the challenging and unprecedent times we are. One of those challenges, magnified by the global pandemic, is gender bias.
Bias is holding women back in the workplace – and it is up to each of us to challenge it.
Considering the devastating setbacks experienced by women, particularly women of color, in the last 12 months, IWD 2021 represents a call to action for stemming the losses that women are experiencing and setting forth a bias-free course for accelerating an equitable future of work.
- Moderator: Lindsey Crocker, President’s Office, Catalyst
- Catalyst: Serena Fong, Vice President, Strategic Engagement, shares exciting updates on Catalyst’s award-winning awareness-to-action IWD campaign #BiasCorrect, now in its 3rd year.
- International Women’s Day: Glenda Slingsby, Engagement Officer for International Women’s Day explains how, in addition to significant worldwide collective celebration and action increasing annually, IWD has become one of the biggest employee engagement days of the year.
- Lean In: Rachel Thomas, Co-Founder and CEO, Lean In, shares 50 Ways to Fight Bias, the organization’s card-based activity that empowers employees to challenge bias at work, and other tools/activities that help individuals create a more equal workplace and contribute towards a more equal world.
- The Representation Project: Soraya Chemaly, Executive Director, The Representation Project discusses how her organization ensures all humans achieve their full potential, unencumbered by limiting gender norms through the use documentary films, education, and activism to shift the public’s attitudes and behavior around gender in order to transform culture.
For questions, please contact [email protected].