MARC Leaders Workshop: Creating Partnership for Change – Calgary, Canada
December 4, 2019 9:00 am EST — December 5, 2019 2:00 pm EST
Supporter price: Can$1500.00
December 4, 2019 9:00 am EST — December 5, 2019 2:00 pm ESTSupporter price: Can$1500.00
The MARC Leaders workshop was a transformative, eye-opening experience that challenged us to examine our current paradigms and biases in order to make us more effective, inclusive leaders.
—Kameron Keesling, Senior Merchant, Sam’s Club
Join us to take the next steps in becoming a gender equity champion
MARC Leaders is an immersive and interactive 1.5-day cross-company workshop for directors through senior executives that inspires participants to stand up for gender equity.
Guided by a skilled cross-gender facilitator pair, participants will:
Develop a more visceral understanding of:
- How gender dynamics, roles, norms, and social conditioning link to the workplace and leadership.
- How systemic advantages and disadvantages, privilege, and bias impact employees.
- How the experience of “otherness” affects relationship building and bridging divides.
- What it means to recognize intersectional and multidimensional identities.
- Why we need male champions and advocates.
- What effective gender partnership looks like and why is it important.
Practice skills to:
- Recognize, talk about, and address bias and privilege with empathy and understanding.
- Engage in courageous dialogue and perspective sharing to build connections.
- Proactively challenge bias, stereotypes and exclusionary behaviors in a range of workplace settings and processes.
- Communicate and lead more inclusively.
- Partner across difference.
- Achieving concrete, personal goals for continued learning and leadership on gender equity.
- Building alliances and mutual support.
- Holding themselves and other leaders accountable.
- Day One: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Day Two: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
This program is generously hosted by ConocoPhillips and Suncor.
Gulf Canada Square
401 – 9th Avenue, SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3C5