2020 Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner: Statement on Coronavirus (Media Release)February 27, 2020
New York, New York – The Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner will take place on March 12 in New York City. We are monitoring any new developments around the coronavirus (COVID19) to keep the Catalyst community apprised of the latest updates.
The health and well-being of our attendees, speakers, and exhibitors is Catalyst’s top priority. Our annual event is a vital opportunity to celebrate and learn from Catalyst Award-winning initiatives that advance our mission to accelerate women’s progress through workplace inclusion.
We’ve outlined important safety guidelines below that Catalyst and our conference and dinner venue, the New York Hilton Midtown, have in place.
This page will be updated with any new developments or information.
Update February 29, 2020
To comply with public health best practices during the COVID-19 outbreak, we respectfully ask that you not attend this event if you have traveled to or through any high risk location as defined by the World Health Organization and CDC where there has been an outbreak and/or community transmission of COVID-19 within 14 days (Feb. 27, 2020) prior to the date of the event, or have other reason for concern.
Update: February 27, 2020
Locally, we are monitoring recommendations from local, national, and global public health authorities:
- New York Department of Health;
- New York City Department of Health; and
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
In addition, Catalyst is:
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow regular CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses of any kind:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel room or at home if you feel ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
From the New York Hilton Midtown: The well-being of Hilton’s guests is our top priority, and we remain diligent in our commitment to provide a safe, hospitable environment for all who visit the New York Hilton Midtown. Our hotel takes all forms of infectious disease seriously. We are closely monitoring updates on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from the World Health Organization and U.S. Currently, there are no confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in New York, or any cases affiliated with our hotels in this market.