Catalyst Women On Board™ Criteria
Catalyst Women On Board™ uses similar criteria that a corporate board uses when seeking to fill a director vacancy.
Candidates are also identified through a variety of sources such as Catalyst CEO Champions for Change companies, Catalyst Supporter companies, and the 30% Club US Future Female Directors Program.
Key Selection Criteria
- Track record of 10+ years of strong performance at the senior executive or C-Suite levels with a large company, reporting directly to the CEO; or has responsibility for a major business unit.
- Has demonstrated leadership experience plus a deep knowledge and expertise in a specialty sought after by corporate boards.
- Engaged in driving the overall strategic direction of her organization.
- Experience working with boards.
- At a point in her career when she has the capacity for serving on corporate boards while in her current role.
- Has the support of her CEO or Board Chair to take part.
- Meet at least 8 times over 2 years.
- Meet for 2-hour meetings (or determine an alternative schedule that works for both parties).
- Board candidates drive their partnerships, arranging meetings, calls, travel, etc.
- Strategize together to set real, obtainable goals; plan; and execute.
- Keep all discussions confidential.
- Board mentor-sponsors begin as mentors and over time evolve into sponsors. That is, the mentor-sponsors begin to champion the women as candidates for corporate boards and assist the women in broadening their connections with other sitting directors.
- Provide feedback to Catalyst Women On Board™ about issues and progress.
- Women participate in a program evaluation.
Cost to Join
Women who join Catalyst Women On Board™ require their company’s sponsorship.
- $10,000 – Women with Catalyst Supporter companies.
- $12,000 – Women with non-Supporter companies.
In the US:
- $12,000 – Women with Catalyst Supporter companies.
- $14,000 – Women with non-Supporter companies.
United States: Meesha Rosa