Senior Associate, Consulting
Department: Research and Consulting Services
Reports to: Vice President, Consulting Services (CS)
Location: New York Office, or remote (US-based)
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Associate manages and leads discrete elements of CS engagements with leading corporations and firms, in the areas of diversity and inclusion with an emphasis on effective strategies for the recruitment, retention, and advancement of diverse talent. The Senior Associate is also expected to represent Catalyst at external events and speaking engagements.
The Senior Associate will contribute to sessions with client teams, ranging from targeted advice on improving diversity and inclusion to extensive strategic planning sessions. Under the guidance of a Vice President or Senior Director, the Senior Associate will collect and/or analyze data, identify underlying themes for diagnosing workplace strengths and issues, and facilitate portions of strategic sessions.
Serve as project manager or team member for assigned Consulting Services projects/engagements under the direction of a Senior Director or Vice President. Responsibilities include:
- Design project work plans, execute and/or supervise discrete pieces of engagements; contribute to session design, materials, and facilitation.
- Analyzing and interpreting the implications of qualitative and quantitative data at a strategic level; respond to client questions about data (workforce statistics, survey, focus groups and interview findings reports) in client meetings.
- Create compelling client-ready communications and reports; shape and write proposals as requested.
- Lead and contribute to elements of Consulting Services engagements, including Diagnostic and Strategic Planning sessions.
- Guide clients in their own data collection and analysis.
- Present findings, D&I practices, and recommendations to client executives, in conjunction with Directors, Senior Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Liaise with client contacts independently, exercise judgment to deal with client/project issues or support project managers in client management.
- Assist in Consulting Services operations and knowledge-building, including administrative tools and procedures for the department.
- Participate in identifying training and resource needs for departmental staff.
- Assist in new business development and represent Catalyst externally, handling inquiries from potential clients.
- Contribute to Consulting Services operations and knowledge building and cross-departmental/cross-Catalyst activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated project management skills: Ability to map process timelines, manage multiple stakeholders (internal and external), juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the potential to facilitate client sessions. Skill in designing and delivering formal and informal presentations, external speaking engagements, and written reports.
- Knowledge of data analysis methods and platforms (Excel, SPSS, NVivo, etc).
- Ability to participate in a highly team-oriented and matrixed work environment.
- Ability to develop a project framework, and, with the guidance of Senior Directors or Vice Presidents, conceptualize and develop effective systems, processes, tools and products.
- Content knowledge regarding the work experiences of women, including women of color, within corporations and/or firms.
- Personal computer literacy in a networked Windows environment; proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Some Travel (typically up to 15%).
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
- Ongoing communication with personnel throughout Catalyst, to support the alignment of functional areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of consulting/project management and/or human resources/change management experience. A Master’s degree is preferred but not required. Analytical and problem-solving background a must. Experience and interest in addressing issues of diverse women and men and a focus on men as diversity champions is a plus. Global knowledge and experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary with “Senior Associate, Consulting” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to a large volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.