Human Resources Intern
Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
The Catalyst Human Resources team is seeking an intern who is interested in gaining experience and knowledge in a variety of areas within the Human Resources function.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership – because progress for women is progress for everyone.
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Human Resources Department will gain valuable experience through a variety of projects relevant to professionals, including:
- Talent—Including annual performance review processes, promotion discussions, manager and staff training, research, and talent review assessments.
- Recruiting—Learn about our hiring process by assisting with recruiting and onboarding initiatives as needed, including posting open positions, screening resumes, shadow telephone screenings, scheduling interviews.
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)—Verify data and run reports on our databases.
- Risk Management—Gain hands-on knowledge of general HR record maintenance and preparation for the annual HR audit. including developing reports, data collection, and verification.
- Participate in planning staff engagement activities.
- Deliver a presentation to Catalyst employees on a relevant topic of the intern’s choosing.
Interns will work directly with all HR team members who will supervise, train, and observe interns’ work efforts and tasks.
This internship is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible.
This internship is unpaid and open only to students seeking credit or experience for an internship.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst; (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) What unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) Offer a proposed work schedule.