Director, Women On Board Canada
Department: Canada (part-time)
Reports To: Executive Director, Canada
Location: Remote, Canada
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of the Women on Board (WOB) program works closely with the Corporate Board Services team in the US and with the Executive Director in Canada to manage and enhance the Women on Board program in Canada; to consider strategic partnerships to both raise awareness of, and drive the advancement of, the program; to participate in Corporate Board Services and Catalyst activities that disseminate knowledge and advance the mission of promoting gender diversity in the boardroom.
- Recruit 10 or more program participants and mentor/sponsors annually to build full and robust class cohorts.
- Create long-lists and short-lists of potential participants by leveraging Catalyst Supporter company and search firm relationships, and by conducting market research into potential candidate pools.
- Assess prospective participants and mentor/sponsors for suitability, based on program criteria.
- Work with the Selection Committee to arrange the candidate selection process.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with participants to 1) develop strong and trusted working relationships with them, and 2) gain an understanding of their interests and areas of focus.
- Initiate regular contact points (calls and meetings) with both the participants and the mentor/sponsors to 1) deepen working relationships with both groups, 2) address any concerns early and quickly, 3) build Catalyst brand awareness among them, and 4) ensure understanding of their roles, and program expectations and requirements.
- Track program results.
- Recommend new and innovative ways to promote the visibility of Women On Board, including the identification and engagement of strategic partners.
- Coordinate with the Catalyst team on appropriate changes to the WOB presence on the Catalyst website.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian business sector and the companies operating therein. Additionally, moderate to strong knowledge (either through direct contact or from reading) of the people occupying the board and executive roles at these companies.
- Knowledge of issues related to corporate governance and boardroom diversity.
- Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with C-level executives from a wide range of industries and backgrounds.
- Comfortable initiating contact with senior executives directly (in person, by phone and via email).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize efforts/deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Significant attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, highly responsible, and tenacious.
- Ability to generate new ideas and develop creative solutions to build brand awareness.
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of experience in executive search, consulting, or another project and client-based industry.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary with “Director, Women On Board Canada” in the subject line to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.