Associate, Corporate Board Services
Department: Corporate Board Services (CBS)
Reports To: Senior Director
Location: New York Office
A dynamic opportunity to join the movement to increase board diversity and inclusion as program coordinator of a $1M grant to expand Catalyst Women on Board™ US and Canada programs.
The CBS Associate will support our efforts focused on North American corporate business leaders to mentor and sponsor senior executive women for their first corporate board appointment.
- Expand Catalyst Women on Board™: Continuously expand the pool of sponsors and qualified board-ready women, with a special emphasis on participation of women of color.
- Develop and Refine Learning Engagement Platforms: Support regional program directors in the creation, tracking and the evaluation of the Catalyst Women on Board program content and tools.
- Marketing & Promotion Assist in the development of Women on Board™ program brand strategy, and help amplify the program through the Catalyst website, social media, and events.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Help identify and build a pipeline of director candidates for Women on Board™ and director searches.
- Manage Catalyst Women on Board™ tracking systems, and support the maintenance of the Catalyst Women on Board databases.
- Support in the creation of Catalyst Women on Board™ internal and external tools.
- Monitor program success metrics and prepare activity reports.
- Organize internal and cross-departmental meetings.
- Work with Vice President of Development and Senior Director of Corporate Board Services on grant implementation schedule, impact reports, and other communications as assigned.
- Track and monitor grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed.
- In partnership with Senior Director and finance staff, track fund disbursement and develop financial reports (invoicing, payment requests, etc.)
- Seek to understand and familiarize oneself with new sources of research and global conversations about boardroom diversity.
- Opportunity to participate in speaking engagements and events.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to grasp the big picture as well as minute details.
- Experience interacting with C-Suite and other senior executives.
- Basic knowledge of governance, business and professional firm structure and functioning.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with teams and be highly effective when working independently.
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Heavy computer use.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, global, and virtual environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years or more of administrative or executive experience in a corporate or non-profit setting. Entry level marketing, sales, and/or database management skills are preferable.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary with “Associate, CBS” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to a large volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.