Administrative Assistant, President’s Office
Department: President’s Office
Reports To: Sr. Director, President’s Office
Location: New York City, Headquarters Office
Summary of Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative operations of the President’s Office. This includes providing administrative and project support to the Sr. Director, President’s Office.
- Assist the Sr. Director in managing the CEO’s calendar and travel; coordinate scheduling and logistics for the CEO, and potentially for others on the CEO’s Team and for Board of Directors/Board of Advisors meetings as necessary.
- Handle routine inquiries directly or by delegating to departments/individuals as directed.
- Support the CEO’s involvement in meetings by taking notes.
- Assist the Sr. Director in organizing internal and external programs and events by arranging facilities and caterers, creating and issuing invitations, and coordinating speakers and guests.
- Other administrative responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with correspondence, documents, files, expenses, and Salesforce database entries.
- Performing event outreach, providing telephone coverage, and receiving guests for the President’s Office.
- Supporting the Sr. Director with any other tasks or logistics requests.
- Special projects with other departments as needed; other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous and unstructured situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, with demonstrated success in matrix organizational structures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining quality.
- Self-starter, inquisitive, resourceful, and flexible.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Service-oriented listener who can process information and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to represent the Sr. Director, CEO, and Catalyst by maintaining a high level of professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office Suite) and expertise with the Internet.
- Multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Work with confidential data.
At least one year of work experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant or as an office manager in a small-medium professional services office, supporting several professionals, where daily external client contact is the norm.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant, President’s Office” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.