Apply For The Catalyst Award
Mark your calendars: 2021 Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner on March 18, 2021.
Showcase Your Organization’s Initiatives to Advance Women by Sharing Your Story
The global Catalyst Award attracts organizations from around the world. Every year, Catalyst identifies and receives applications from companies of all sizes, regions, and industries, whose groundbreaking initiatives to advance women and diverse groups make them eligible for the Award.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a strategic imperative for organizational success. That is a proven fact. How you get there… That’s the real story. By applying for the Catalyst Award, your company or firm will:
- Benefit from an external perspective on your organization’s culture and DEI efforts.
- Showcase your internal and external strategies, talent, and progress.
- Learn how to continuously improve your efforts.
- Show your commitment to being an employer of choice.
Nominations for the 2021 Catalyst Award are now open. Download the Eligibility Worksheet to help you determine whether your organization’s initiative is eligible for nomination for the Catalyst Award. As you prepare your submission materials, you may find it useful to review descriptions of previous Catalyst Award-winning programs. You can also use our Award Nomination Checklist to make sure you have everything you need to submit.
Process and Criteria
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee is a team of internal and cross-functional Catalyst staff who specialize in evaluating organizational behavior and DEI initiatives. The Committee assesses submissions through research and telephone interviews, and selects a small number of initiatives to examine further during intensive, onsite visits. Through interviews and focus groups with executives, senior women, human resources professionals, and other employees, the Committee gauges each initiative’s effectiveness and impact. Organizations selected for site visits receive more than 500 hours of review, and may request a meeting to discuss strengths and opportunities for improvement with Committee members. The Committee and Catalyst executive leadership then determine the winners.
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee measures each nominated initiative on its own merit and against previous Award winners, the current pool of nominees, and the seven criteria listed below:
- Strategy & Rationale
- Senior Leadership Activities
- Accountability & Transparency
- Employee Engagement
- Measurable Results
- May 22, 2020: Deadline for application submission.
- May 22, 2020: Preliminary application review.
- June–August 2020: Full application evaluations, including telephone interviews and additional data requests.
- August–September 2020: Selection for site visits.
- September–October 2020: Site visits.
- December 2020–January 2021: Winner selection.
- December 2020–January 2021: Public announcement of winners.
- March 18, 2021: Awards Conference and Dinner.
- 2021 Award Application (Word) (PDF)
- 2021 Catalyst Award Workforce Metrics Tables
- CEO Attendance Form
- Managing Partner/Director Attendance Form
- 2021 Catalyst Award Application Fee Form
Other useful documents: