Apply For The Catalyst Award
Showcase Your Organization’s Initiatives to Advance Women by Sharing Your Story
The global Catalyst Award attracts organizations from around the world. Every year, Catalyst identifies and receives applications from companies of all sizes, regions, and industries, whose groundbreaking initiatives to advance women and diverse groups make them eligible for the Award.
Diversity and inclusion (D&I) is a strategic imperative for organizational success. That is a proven fact. How you get there… That’s the real story. By applying for the Catalyst Award, your company or firm will:
- Benefit from an external perspective on your organization’s culture and D&I efforts.
- Showcase your internal and external strategies, talent, and progress.
- Learn how to continuously improve your efforts.
- Show your commitment to being an employer of choice.
Catalyst welcomes your application. Download the Eligibility Worksheet to help you determine whether your organization’s initiative is eligible for nomination for the Catalyst Award. As you prepare your submission materials, you may find it useful to review descriptions of previous Catalyst Award-winning programs. You can also use our Award Nomination Checklist to make sure you have everything you need to submit.
Process and Criteria
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee is a team of internal and cross-functional Catalyst staff who specialize in evaluating organizational behavior and D&I initiatives. The Committee assesses submissions through research and telephone interviews, and selects a small number of initiatives to examine further during intensive, onsite visits. Through interviews and focus groups with executives, senior women, human resources professionals, and other employees, the Committee gauges each initiative’s effectiveness and impact. Organizations selected for site visits receive more than 500 hours of review, and may request a meeting to discuss strengths and opportunities for improvement with Committee members. The Committee and Catalyst executive leadership then determine the winners.
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee measures each nominated initiative on its own merit and against previous Award winners, the current pool of nominees, and the seven criteria listed below.
- Strategy & Rationale
- Senior Leadership Activities
- Accountability & Transparency
- Employee Engagement
- Measurable Results
- Applications due and preliminary review (May).
- Evaluations, including telephone interviews and additional data requests (June–August).
- Selection for site visits (August–September).
- Site visits (September–October).
- Winner selection (December–January).
- Public announcement of winners (December–January).
- Awards Conference and Dinner (March).
Completed applications for the 2020 Catalyst Award are due May 24, 2019.
A completed application consists of:
Other useful documents:
Learn about the premier honor for organizational initiatives making positive changes that advance women and diverse groups.
View the organizations with Catalyst Award-winning initiatives since the Catalyst Award began back in 1987.
The Catalyst Awards Dinner is an annual celebration of Catalyst Award-winning initiatives taking place in New York City.