Apply for the Catalyst Award
Mark your calendars: Our signature fundraiser will take place virtually during the month of March 2021 including the March 17-18 Catalyst Award Winner presentation and celebration.
Showcase Your Organization’s Initiatives to Advance Women by Sharing Your Story
The global Catalyst Award attracts organizations from around the world. Every year, Catalyst identifies and receives applications from companies of all sizes, regions, and industries whose groundbreaking initiatives to advance women and other underrepresented groups make them eligible for the Award.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a strategic imperative for organizational success. That is a proven fact. How you get there… that’s the real story. By applying for the Catalyst Award, your company or firm will:
- Benefit from an external perspective on your organization’s culture and DEI efforts.
- Showcase your internal and external strategies, talent, and progress.
- Learn how to continuously improve your efforts.
- Show your commitment to being an employer of choice.
Process and Criteria
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee is a team of internal and cross-functional Catalyst staff who specialize in evaluating organizational behavior and DEI initiatives. The Committee assesses submissions through research such as telephone interviews and selects a small number of initiatives to examine further during intensive, onsite visits. Through interviews and focus groups with executives, senior women, human resources professionals, and other employees, the Committee gauges each initiative’s effectiveness and impact. Organizations selected for site visits receive more than 500 hours of review, and may request a meeting to discuss strengths and opportunities for improvement with Committee members. The Committee and Catalyst executive leadership then determine the winners.
The Catalyst Award Evaluation Committee measures each nominated initiative on its own merit and against previous Award winners, the current pool of nominees, and the seven criteria listed below:
- Strategy & Rationale
- Senior Leadership Activities
- Accountability & Transparency
- Employee Engagement
- Measurable Results
- May 21, 2021: Deadline for application submission.
- May–June 2021: Preliminary application review.
- June–August 2021: Full application evaluations, including telephone interviews and additional data requests.
- August–September 2021: Selection for site visits.
- September–October 2021: Site visits.
- December 2021–January 2022: Winner selection.
- January 2022: Public announcement of winners.
- March 28, 2022: Tentative Awards Conference and Dinner.
- 2022 Award Application
- 2022 Catalyst Award Workforce Metrics Tables
- 2022 CEO Attendance Form
- 2022 Managing Partner/Director Attendance Form
- 2022 Catalyst Award Nomination Fee Form
Other useful documents: