List: Women CEOs of the S&P 500Oct 04, 2019
This list names all the women who currently hold CEO positions at S&P 500 companies, based on the January 2019 S&P 500 list.* Women currently hold 27 (5.4%) of CEO positions at those S&P 500 companies. To find out how many women are at other levels of S&P 500 companies, take a look at the Women in S&P 500 Companies pyramid.
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors Company (GM)
- Corie Barry, Best Buy
- Gail Boudreaux, Anthem, Inc.
- Heather Bresch, Mylan N.V.
- Michele Buck, Hershey Company
- Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas, Inc.
- Safra A. Catz, Oracle Corporation
- Mary Dillon, Ulta Beauty, Inc.
- Adena Friedman, Nasdaq, Inc.
- Michelle Gass, Kohl’s Corporation
- Lynn J. Good, Duke Energy Corporation
- Tricia Griffith, The Progressive Corporation
- Marillyn A. Hewson, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Vicki Hollub, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Margaret Keane, Synchrony Financial
- Melisa Miller, Alliance Data Systems
- Beth E. Mooney, KeyBank
- Phebe N. Novakovic, General Dynamics Corporation
- Patricia K. Poppe, CMS Energy Corporation
- Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores, Inc.
- Virginia M. Rometty, International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation
- Lori J. Ryerkerk, Celanese Corporation
- Susan N. Story, American Water Works Company, Inc.
- Lisa Su, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Julie Sweet, Accenture
- Jayshree Ullal, Arista Networks, Inc.
- Kathy Warden, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Lisa Palmer will become CEO of Regency Centers Corporation on January 1, 2020.
- Kristin Peck will become CEO of Zoetis on January 1, 2020.
- Reshma Kewalramani will become CEO of Vertex Pharmaceuticals on April 1, 2020.
- Beth E. Mooney will retire as CEO of KeyBank on May 1, 2020.
- Heather Bresch will retire as CEO when Mylan N.V. merges with Upjohn in mid-2020.
*The S&P 500, published by Dow Jones, is not a static list. Catalyst accesses the list annually to create our CEO list and adds updates throughout the year when possible. Women are counted in our list starting on the date they officially take their positions. We strive to keep this CEO list accurate and timely; if you have found that we have missed something, or have any questions, please submit that information here.
You can learn more about our methodology and the information used to create this List and our Pyramid here.
Catalyst also maintains an historical list of women CEOs that have appeared on the Fortune list from 1972-2019.
How to cite this product: Catalyst, Women CEOs of the S&P 500 (October 4, 2019).