List: Women CEOs of the S&P 500Dec 02, 2020
This list names all the women who currently hold CEO positions at S&P 500 companies, based on the December 2019 S&P 500 list.* Women currently hold 30 (6.0%) of CEO positions at those S&P 500 companies. To find out how many women are at other levels of S&P 500 companies, take a look at the Women in S&P 500 Companies pyramid.
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors Company (GM)
- Corie Barry, Best Buy
- Gail Boudreaux, Anthem, Inc.
- Michele Buck, Hershey Company
- Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas, Inc.
- Safra A. Catz, Oracle Corporation
- Joanne Crevoiserat, Tapestry, Inc.
- Mary Dillon, Ulta Beauty, Inc.
- Adena Friedman, Nasdaq, Inc.
- Michelle Gass, Kohl’s Corporation
- Lynn J. Good, Duke Energy Corporation
- Tricia Griffith, The Progressive Corporation
- Vicki Hollub, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Jennifer M. Johnson, Franklin Resources, Inc.
- Margaret Keane, Synchrony Financial
- Reshma Kewalramani, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Christine A. Leahy, CDW Corporation
- Sue Y. Nabi, Coty Inc.
- Phebe N. Novakovic, General Dynamics Corporation
- Lisa Palmer, Regency Centers Corporation
- Kristin Peck, Zoetis
- Linda Rendle,The Clorox Company
- Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores, Inc.
- Lori J. Ryerkerk, Celanese Corporation
- Lisa Su, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Julie Sweet, Accenture
- Sonia Syngal, Gap Inc.
- Carol Tomé, United Parcel Service Inc.
- Jayshree Ullal, Arista Networks, Inc.
- Kathy Warden, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Jane Fraser will become CEO of Citigroup, Inc in February 2021. She will be the first woman to head a major US bank.
- Karen S. Lynch will become CEO of CVS Health on February 1, 2021.
*The S&P 500, published by Dow Jones, is not a static list. Catalyst accesses the list annually to create our CEO list and adds updates throughout the year when possible. Women are counted in our list starting on the date they officially take their positions. We strive to keep this CEO list accurate and timely; if you have found that we have missed something, or have any questions, please submit that information here.
You can learn more about our methodology and the information used to create this List and our Pyramid here.
Catalyst also maintains an historical list of women CEOs that have appeared on the Fortune list from 1972-2020.
How to cite this product: Catalyst, Women CEOs of the S&P 500 (December 2, 2020).