List: Women CEOs of the S&P 500Mar 01, 2021
This list names all the women who currently hold CEO positions at S&P 500 companies, based on the January 2021 S&P 500 list.* Women currently hold 30 (6.0%) of CEO positions at those S&P 500 companies. To find out how many women are at other levels of S&P 500 companies, take a look at the Women in S&P 500 Companies pyramid.
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors Company
- Corie Barry, Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Gail K. Boudreaux, Anthem, Inc.
- Michele Buck, The Hershey Company
- Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas, Inc.
- Safra A. Catz, Oracle Corporation
- Joanne Crevoiserat, Tapestry
- Mary Dillon, Ulta Beauty, Inc.
- Jane Fraser, Citigroup, Inc.
- Adena T. Friedman, Nasdaq, Inc.
- Lynn J. Good, Duke Energy Corporation
- Tricia Griffith, The Progressive Corporation
- Vicki Hollub, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Jennifer M. Johnson, Franklin Resources, Inc.
- Margaret M. Keane, Synchrony Financial
- Reshma Kewalramani, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Christine A. Leahy, CDW Corporation
- Karen S. Lynch, CVS Health Corporation
- Judy Marks, Otis Worldwide Corporation
- Lisa Palmer, Regency Centers Corporation
- Kristin Peck, Zoetis Inc.
- Linda Rendle, The Clorox Company
- Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores, Inc.
- Lori Ryerkerk, Celanese Corporation
- Lisa Su, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Julie Sweet, Accenture
- Sonia Sygnal, Gap, Inc.
- Carol Tomé, United Parcel Service, Inc.
- Jayshree V. Ullal, Arista Networks, Inc.
- Kathy J. Warden, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Rosalind Brewer will become CEO of Walgreen Boots Alliance on March 15, 2021.
- Margaret Keane will step down as CEO of Synchrony Financial on April 1, 2021
*The S&P 500, published by Dow Jones, is not a static list. Catalyst accesses the list annually to create our CEO list and adds updates throughout the year when possible. Women are counted in our list starting on the date they officially take their positions. We strive to keep this CEO list accurate and timely; if you have found that we have missed something, or have any questions, please submit that information here.
You can learn more about our methodology and the information used to create this List and our Pyramid here.
Catalyst also maintains an historical list of women CEOs that have appeared on the Fortune list from 1972-2020.
How to cite this product: Catalyst, Women CEOs of the S&P 500 (March 1, 2021).