List: Women CEOs of the S&P 500Apr 15, 2019
This list names all the women who currently hold CEO positions at S&P 500 companies, based on the January 2019 S&P 500 list.* Women currently hold 24 (4.8%) of CEO positions at those S&P 500 companies. To find out how many women are at other levels of S&P 500 companies, take a look at the Women in S&P 500 Companies pyramid.
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors Company (GM)
- Gail Boudreaux, Anthem, Inc.
- Heather Bresch, Mylan N.V.
- Michele Buck, Hershey Company
- Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas, Inc.
- Safra A. Catz, Oracle Corporation (co-CEO)
- Mary Dillon, Ulta Beauty, Inc.
- Adena Friedman, Nasdaq, Inc.
- Michelle Gass, Kohl’s Corporation
- Lynn J. Good, Duke Energy Corporation
- Tricia Griffith, The Progressive Corporation
- Marillyn A. Hewson, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Vicki Hollub, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Patricia Kampling, Alliant Energy Corporation
- Margaret Keane, Synchrony Financial
- Beth E. Mooney, KeyBank
- Phebe N. Novakovic, General Dynamics Corporation
- Patricia K. Poppe, CMS Energy Corporation
- Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores, Inc.
- Virginia M. Rometty, International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation
- Susan N. Story, American Water Works Company, Inc.
- Lisa Su, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Jayshree Ullal, Arista Networks, Inc.
- Kathy Warden, Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Lori Ryerkerk will become CEO of Celanese Corporation effective May 1, 2019.
- Corie Barry will become CEO of Best Buy effective June 11, 2019.
*The S&P 500, published by Dow Jones, is not a static list. Catalyst accesses the list annually to create our CEO list and adds updates throughout the year when possible. Women are counted in our list starting on the date they officially take their positions. We strive to keep this CEO list accurate and timely; if you have found that we have missed something, or have any questions, please submit that information here.
You can learn more about our methodology and the information used to create this List and our Pyramid here.
Catalyst also maintains an historical list of women CEOs that have appeared on the Fortune list from 1972-2018. If you would like a copy of the list, please submit a request here.
How to cite this product: Catalyst, Women CEOs of the S&P 500 (April 15, 2019).