Get to Know Catalyst
Learn about our mission and the impact we’ve achieved in 60+ years with the help of our Supporters.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit supported by leading companies to help create and sustain equitable and inclusive workplaces for women. Our work impacts individuals and organizations through groundbreaking and intersectional research, solutions, strategies, and a galvanized community of Supporter organizations. Take a look at our achievements.
OUR GLOBAL IMPACT
Our work has made an impact on the lives of women in the workplace and on workplace culture. Our research and programs have healped to create a more level playing field for women and members of other marginalized groups, making the workplace a better place for everyone.
Hundreds of corporate Supporters worldwide across 42 industries—from finance to technology to healthcare—are committed to advancing DEI in the workplace.
Published over 200 reports grounded in original, evidence-based research with an intersectional approach to help
accelerate progress for women in the last 60 years.
Catalyst’s global research includes data from 14 countries spanning 5 continents.
15+ micro-learning tools available with an 81% completion rate (vs. standard e-learning at less than 15%)
190+ Practices highlighting proven approaches of companies across industry and region
60+ tools to support leaders in developing impactful strategies and initiatives
30+ webinars and regional roundtables hosted annually, reaching thousands of attendees from all levels and roles
Since 1987, we’ve bestowed the prestigious Catalyst Award to 100+ groundbreaking initiatives advancing women and other underrepresented groups across 96 organizations.
5,000+ Individuals connected annually through Catalyst Communities and Events, providing opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking.
Catalyst CEO Champions For Change Deliver Results
Members of Catalyst CEO Champions For Change pledge to advance more women into all levels of leadership. This is just one of the many initiatives that spotlight organizations and their leaders who exemplify what it takes to create and sustain inclusive workplaces.
- More than 80 high-profile CEOs whose companies represent more than 11 million employees and over $3 trillion in revenue globally are part of Catalyst CEO Champions For Change.
- Women represent 28% of executives at Champion companies, compared with 23% among their global peers.
- Champion companies are also ahead of the Fortune 500 overall in women’s board representation (35% compared to 27%), including the representation of women from marginalized racial and ethnic groups (8% compared to 6%).
- 82% of Champion companies conducted at least one pay equity review within the last three years—a higher proportion than found in other studies—indicating that they are models for other organizations to follow on the journey to achieving equal pay for equal work.
- Over two-thirds (69%) of Champion company boards of directors assess pay equity progress or findings, and many influence and oversee DEI work more broadly across their organizations, demonstrating accountability and a commitment to fair and equitable business practices at the highest levels.
WE CELEBRATED OUR
What Our Global Supporters Are Saying
We frequently use the Flip the Script resources because they’re such a fun and unique and memorable way to help people understand how to be more courageous and have honest conversations in the workplace.”
—Susan Johnson, Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, The Hartford
—Angela Bretz, Chief Diversity and Talent Acquisition Officer, Nationwide
—Charlene Theodore, Chief Inclusion Officer, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
—Susannah Pierce, President and Country Chair, Shell Canada