Nominate A Champion
Nominations for the 2020 Catalyst Canada Honours are now closed. Nominations for 2021 will open in October.
A Catalyst Canada Honours Champion is a leader who is visibly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Champions mentor and sponsor women and underrepresented groups, challenge the status quo, influence others to advocate for diversity and inclusion, and have a marked impact on the advancement of all women and underrepresented groups in the workplace.
Through their own unique combination of behaviors, skills, and convictions, champions inspire others to make workplaces and the world better and more inclusive for all.
Nominee Categories and Eligibility
Catalyst Canada Honours Champions are chosen in three categories: Company/Firm Leader, Business Leader, and Emerging Leader. They are strong, passionate leaders and role models who drive inclusion in the workplace and empower all women to reach their full potential.
- Company/Firm Leader: This CEO, president (in Canadian incorporated companies or subsidiaries in which there is no CEO), or managing partner leads a for-profit company, subsidiary, or limited liability partnership; a commercial crown corporation; or a commercial co-operative.
- Business Leader: This senior executive leads a business unit, division, or practice area at a for-profit company, subsidiary, or limited liability partnership; a commercial crown corporation; or a commercial co-operative.
- Emerging Leader: This individual is a non-executive leader at a for-profit company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership; commercial crown corporation; or a commercial co-operative in Canada. Eligible nominees include leaders of programs or initiatives that are building inclusive workplaces and supporting the advancement of all women either within an organization or in the community.
For more information about the Catalyst Canada Honours, please contact us at email@example.com or +1 416 815 7600.
- Completed nomination form describing the nominee’s championship.
- If a nominee is short-listed, the names and contact information of three to five references will be requested. References must be able to speak to aspects of the nominee’s work as presented in the nomination submission.
- Meetings/email correspondence with the nominee (after his/her selection as a Champion) to build his/her profile and discuss event information.
All nominators will be contacted as to whether the nominee put forward will be honoured prior to the public announcement in June.
- Nomination Package deadline: February 21, 2020.
- Champions announced: June 2020.
- 2020 Catalyst Canada Honours Event (virtual): October 2020.
Please note that Champions must be available to attend the virtual event.
To be considered eligible for the Catalyst Canada Honours, all nominees must:
- Be a member of one of the three Champion categories at the time of nomination and the time of the public announcement of winners in June.
- Be employed by a for‐profit company or subsidiary incorporated in Canada, a Canadian limited liability partnership, a commercial crown corporation, or a commercial co‐op.
- NOT be employed by an organization that is a finalist for the Catalyst Award in the same calendar year.
In addition, all nominees must agree to:
- Allow, if selected as a Champion, his or her name to be announced publicly.
- Review, if selected as a Champion, a written profile prepared by Catalyst.
- Attend and participate in, if selected as a Champion, the Catalyst Canada Honours virtual event in October.
The Catalyst Honours annually recognizes exceptional role models for accelerating progress for all women through workplace inclusion.
View all winners of the Catalyst Canada Honours since its beginnings in 2010.
Catalyst Canada Honours Frequently Asked Questions What is the Catalyst Canada Honours? The Catalyst Canada Honours recognises exceptional role models…