Nominate a Champion
Nominations for Catalyst Honours 2023 are open.
Catalyst Honours annually recognizes Champions who value and accelerate workplace inclusion for women across their intersecting identities. Champions are exceptional role models: they inspire other corporate leaders by intentionally and strategically creating inclusive workplaces where individuals—regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or ability—can thrive.
Catalyst Honours recognizes individuals across these four categories:
Company/Firm Leader is a CEO, president (in Canadian incorporated companies or subsidiaries in which there is no CEO), or managing partner. To be eligible, nominees must have a minimum of two women on their executive team, at least one of whom is living across a marginalized identity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and/or ability.
Business Leader is an individual who plans, directs, and formulates policies; sets strategies; and provides the overall direction of a business unit, division, practice, or team.
Human Resources (HR)/Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Leader is an individual who is within the HR or DEI function at their organization. They could be at any level within their organization and have a direct mandate to focus on HR/DEI initiatives impacting employees across the organization or business unit.
Next Generation Leader is an individual who is on the path to becoming a leader at their organization. This category can include those leading and engaged with ERGs.
Catalyst Honours Champions must:
- Be employed by a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada.
- Have a role that fits within one of the four Champion categories at the time of nomination and the time of the public announcement of Champions in June.
- Have been in their current role, or a similar role, for a minimum of three years.
- Not be employed by an organization that is a finalist for the Catalyst Award in the same calendar year.
- Not be a previous Catalyst employee.
- Agree to the following if selected as a Champion:
- Allow their name to be announced publicly.
- Review a written profile prepared by Catalyst and participate in a video created to highlight their work.
- Be available to attend and participate in the Catalyst Honours event in fall 2023.
Criteria for Selection
The nominee has:
- Positively impacted the development and inclusion of women, with measurable results.
- Innovated and challenged the status quo of workplace inclusion.
- Influenced others to support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts at their organization.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership behaviours, accountability, ownership, allyship, curiosity, humility, and courage, as defined by Catalyst research.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted through this online form by February 17, 2023. Please ensure each question is answered.
- Two reference letters must also be provided and submitted through the online form. There is the option to attach a PDF to share any supplemental information.
- Follow-up questions with the nominator or primary contact may be required to clarify aspects of the nomination.
- Meetings and/or email correspondence with the nominee (after their selection as a Champion) will take place to build their public profile and discuss event details and participation.
- The selected Champions will be featured in sessions and given an award at the Catalyst Honours Conference & Dinner, taking place in fall 2023.
All nominators will be contacted and informed if their nominee was selected prior to the public announcement in June 2023.
- Nomination submission deadline: February 17, 2023
- Champions announced: June 2023
- 2023 Catalyst Honours Conference & Dinner: October/November 2023
The Catalyst Honours annually recognizes exceptional role models for accelerating progress for all women through workplace inclusion.
View all winners of the Catalyst Honours since its beginnings in 2010.
Catalyst Honours recognizes exceptional role models for accelerating progress for women in the workplace in Canada.