Nominate A Champion
Nominations are now closed.
A Catalyst Honours Champion is a leader who is visibly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Champions mentor and sponsor all women, including those from underrepresented groups; challenge the status quo; influence others to advocate for diversity and inclusion; and have a marked impact on the advancement of all women and underrepresented groups in the workplace.
Through their own unique combination of behaviours, skills, and convictions, champions inspire others to make workplaces and the world better and more inclusive for all.
Nominee Categories and Eligibility
- Catalyst Honours Champions are chosen in three categories: Company/Firm Leader, Business Leader, and Emerging Leader. They are strong, passionate leaders and role models who drive inclusion in the workplace and empower all women to reach their full potential.
- A Company/Firm Leader is a CEO, president (in Canadian incorporated companies or subsidiaries in which there is no CEO), or managing partner who leads a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada.
- A Business Leader is an executive (director level and above) who leads a business unit, division, or practice area at a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada.
- An Emerging Leader Champion is a non-executive leader (up to and including director level), in the early stages of their career (up to the first 15 years) who hails from a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada. Eligible nominees include leaders of programs or initiatives that are building inclusive workplaces and supporting the advancement of all women within their organization.
For more information about the Catalyst Honours, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 416 645 5870.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted by the deadline, answering the questions describing the nominee’s work and achievements.
- If a nominee is short-listed, the names and contact information of three to five references will be requested. References must be able to speak to aspects of the nominee’s work as presented in the nomination submission.
- Meetings/email correspondence with the nominee (after their selection as a champion) will take place to build their profile and discuss event information.
Prior to the public announcement in June, all nominators will be contacted and informed if their nominee was selected.
- Nomination submission deadline: February 12, 2021.
- Champions announced: June 2021.
- 2021 Catalyst Honours Event: October 2021.
Please note that champions must be available to attend the event.
To be considered eligible for the Catalyst Honours, all nominees must:
- Be a member of one of the three champion categories at the time of nomination and the time of the public announcement of winners in June.
- Be employed by a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada.
- Not be employed by an organization that is a finalist for the Catalyst Award in the same calendar year.
In addition, all nominees must agree to:
- Allow, if selected as a champion, their name to be announced publicly.
- Review, if selected as a champion, a written profile prepared by Catalyst.
- Attend and participate in, if selected as a champion, the Catalyst Honours event in October.
The Catalyst Honours annually recognizes exceptional role models for accelerating progress for all women through workplace inclusion.
View all winners of the Catalyst Honours since its beginnings in 2010.
Catalyst Honours Frequently Asked Questions What is Catalyst Honours? Catalyst Honours recognizes exceptional role models for accelerating progress for women…