Nominate A Champion
Nominations for the 2022 Catalyst Honours are now closed.
A Catalyst Honours Champion is a leader who is visibly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Champions mentor and sponsor all women, including those from underrepresented groups; challenge the status quo; influence others to advocate for diversity and inclusion; and have a marked impact on the advancement of all women and underrepresented groups in the Canadian workplace.
Through their own unique combination of behaviours, skills, and convictions, champions inspire others to make workplaces and the world better and more inclusive for all.
- Catalyst Honours Champions are chosen in three categories: Company/Firm Leader, Business Leader, and Emerging Leader. They are strong, passionate leaders and role models who drive inclusion in the workplace and empower all women to reach their full potential.
- A Company/Firm Leader Champion is a CEO, president (in Canadian incorporated companies or subsidiaries in which there is no CEO) or managing partner. To be eligible they must have a minimum of two women on their executive team, one of whom is a person of colour or Indigenous.
- A Business Leader Champion is an executive who leads a business unit, division, or practice area. These are individuals who plan, direct, and formulate policies, set strategy, and provide the overall direction of the organization. This is likely to include those individuals within two reporting levels of the CEO/Firm Leader, whose responsibilities involve frequent interaction with the CEO.
- An Emerging Leader Champion is a non-executive leader (up to and including director level) who is within the first 10 years of their career. Eligible nominees include leaders of programs, employee resource groups and/or initiatives that are building inclusive workplaces and supporting the advancement of all women within their organization.
For more information about the Catalyst Honours, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 416 645 5870.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted by the deadline, answering the questions describing the nominee’s work and achievements, including 3 reference letters.
- Follow-up questions with the nominator may be required to clarify pieces of the nomination form.
- Meetings/email correspondence with the nominee (after their selection as a champion) will take place to build their public profile and discuss event information.
Prior to the public announcement in June, all nominators will be contacted and informed if their nominee was selected.
- Nomination submission deadline: February 11, 2022.
- Champions announced: June 2022.
- 2022 Catalyst Honours Event: October/November 2022.
Please note that champions must be available to attend the event.
To be considered eligible for the Catalyst Honours, all nominees, regardless of category, must:
- Be employed by a for-profit entity, including: a company, subsidiary, limited liability partnership, commercial crown corporation, or commercial co-operative in Canada.
- Be a member of one of the champion categories at the time of nomination and the time of the public announcement of Champions in June.
- Provide 3 reference letters.
- Have been in their role for a minimum of 3 years for Business and Company Leader nominees or 2 years for Emerging Leader nominees.
- Not be employed by an organization that is a finalist for the Catalyst Award in the same calendar year.
- Have not been previously employed by Catalyst.
In addition, all nominees must agree to:
- Allow, if selected as a champion, their name to be announced publicly.
- Review, if selected as a champion, a written profile prepared by Catalyst.
- Attend and participate in, if selected as a champion, the Catalyst Honours event in October.