Leading for Equity and Inclusion Virtual Workshops
Providing the Leadership Skills You Need to Succeed in Uncertain Times
The unprecedented challenges posed by the pandemic have forced organizations to focus on establishing new models to ensure business continuity and viability. Employees at every level are adjusting to working remotely, many while simultaneously homeschooling children, or caring for elderly parents—and all coping with the physical and emotional toll social distancing takes.
As organizations adapt and teams learn to work together in new ways amidst this shifting public health and business landscape, Catalyst has adapted many of its trusted Leading for Equity and Inclusion workshops for remote delivery—unbound by social distancing constraints—to help managers foster inclusive workplaces where employees feel trusted, valued, and psychologically safe in these uncertain times.
Catalyst’s Lead for Equity and Inclusion virtual workshops are:
- Facilitated by a live Catalyst expert.
- Delivered on the Adobe Connect secure remote learning platform.
- 2 hours long.
- Able to host up to 50 participants.
The workshops are formatted to provide participants a highly interactive learning experience that connects learners with the facilitator and each other throughout the session.
Our learning curriculum empowers leaders, from executives to frontline employees, with the critical knowledge and skills needed to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, and serve diverse clients and customers. In each interactive workshop, learners examine their own assumptions and bias, understand behaviors and practice skills through engaging activities, insightful case studies, and practical self-assessment. Emerging leaders, line leaders, directors, and managers will gain a clear understanding of what it means to be an inclusive leader and why it’s essential in today’s global marketplace.
Workshops can be deployed independently or bundled to align to your learning program framework needs.
To learn more, contact Terrence Underwood, Senior Director, Learning Products and Programs.
This session provided me the tools and awareness to evaluate exclusive activities in my day-to-day activities and within my organization. Before this workshop, I would have said that my team was definitely inclusive, but afterwards, my sensitivity is heightened and I would say there is work to be done to increase inclusion.—First level leader, Technology Company
Virtual Instructor-Led Workshops
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership
Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership provides an overview of inclusion and takes a deep dive into understanding unconscious bias through three perspectives: individual, interpersonal, and organizational.
- Understand unconscious bias and its impact.
- Become aware of and begin to address internal, interpersonal, and organizational biases.
- Understand the importance of inclusion and its role in inclusive leadership.
- Identify and commit to actions to create a more inclusive culture.
Becoming an Inclusive Leader
Becoming an Inclusive Leader, using an interactive case study, guides participants as they explore their associations with inclusive leadership and presents practical strategies to be a more inclusive leader.
- Develop awareness of unconscious biases and their impact in the workplace.
- Define inclusion and diversity.
- Identify strategies to become a more inclusive leader.
- Understand the Catalyst Inclusive Leadership Model and competencies.
Inclusive Communication explores the barriers to inclusive workplace communication and helps participants develop their own inclusive communication style so they can thrive as a leader.
- Demonstrate authentic communication across difference.
- Develop tools to interrupt bias or discrimination through inclusive expression.
- Understand inclusive leadership competencies.
- Cultivate tools to recognize and combat microaggressions.
Understanding Gender Equity
Understanding Gender Equity facilitates participants’ understanding of gender equity, why it matters, and how to recognize and address gender inequity in the workplace.
- Understand what gender equity is and why it matters.
- Recognize gender inequity in the workplace.
- Learn gender equity best practices.
- Identify actions to address gender inequity in your workplace.
When it’s OK to come back together, Catalyst will be here then, too, offering Supporters our full program of on-site workshops. Until then, stay safe.
This blended-learning curriculum empowers leaders with the skills they need to build more inclusive workplaces.
Join CatalystX, in partnership with edX, in a series of online courses on how to become an inclusive leader.
The groundbreaking Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator is the premier diagnostic tool to evaluate and monitor how teams and employees are experiencing inclusion.