Managing with a Sponsorship Mindset: Why Mentorship Isn’t EnoughJan 25, 2023
This content is available to employees of Catalyst Supporters only.
If you are an employee of a Catalyst Supporter, please make sure you registered and logged in using your work email address.
Not an employee of a Supporter? Find out why and how your organization can become one.
Mentoring is essential to leadership development—but mentorship alone is not enough to help women advance. Understanding the difference between sponsorship and mentorship is key to ensuring that women, especially women of color, are fully supported in their careers. Catalyst research can support managers in adopting a “sponsorship mindset” so they can develop and grow a thriving team.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The difference between sponsorship and mentorship.
- How to recognize and nurture great talent within the organization and take responsibility for them.
- Ways to effectively drive a sponsee’s vision and actively assist them in developing professionally.
- How to be intentional in identifying opportunities for sponsorship and use social connections to elevate those who might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Practical tools to leverage sponsorship in developing a high performing, diverse team.
Somya Sughanda, HR Head for Asia Pacific, GE
Elizabeth Faber, Chief People & Purpose Officer, Deloitte Asia Pacific
Julie Nugent, Senior Vice President, Learning & Advisory Services, Catalyst
Sarah Dinolfo, Senior Director, Advisory Services, Catalyst