Inclusive Leadership: Ask Catalyst ExpressOct 29, 2020
Years of documented research demonstrate that inclusive leadership plays an important role in making employees feel valuable and included, which has a positive impact on team and organizational performance. Inclusive leadership traits can be learned and should be continuously developed. We are all born with biases that can be interrupted to become better leaders.
- Knowledge Burst: Running More Inclusive Meetings Supporter-Exclusive
- Knowledge Burst: Managing Your Remote Team Inclusively
- CatalystX: Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action
- CatalystX: Communication Skills for Dialoguing Across Difference
- Deloitte: Inspiring Women Supporter-Exclusive
Excerpt: The most important element in creating a strong initiative is engaging firm leadership. Deloitte leaders understand that they are accountable for creating an inclusive environment and sponsoring talented women. When Inspiring Women launched in 2015, Deloitte identified six signature traits of inclusive leadership: commitment, courage, cognizance of bias, curiosity, cultural intelligence, and collaboration. To socialize these, the firm instituted inclusive leadership training in 2016. By 2018, 339 leaders had participated. In May 2019, the firm introduced an internal Inclusive Leadership Assessment Tool to help participants recognize where they could improve.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation—Building the Best Culture, Leveraging the Power of Women Supporter-Exclusive
Excerpt: Leadership commitment meant driving culture change from the top, creating role models for diversity in the executive team, and holding all executives accountable for diversity in performance metrics. As part of leadership commitment, the company established an enterprise-wide Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Council, made up of executives from each of the businesses and corporate functions, to build the pipeline for women and people of color in leadership.
- Flip the Script: Leading Inward
- Flip the Script: Leading Outward
- Lead Outward and Lead Inward to Build an Inclusive Workplace
- Getting Real About Inclusive Leadership
- The Secret to Inclusion in Australian Workplaces: Psychological Safety
- The Day-To-Day Experiences of Workplace Inclusion and Exclusion
- Now Is The Moment for Inclusive Leadership Supporter-Exclusive
- Driving Innovation Through Inclusive Leadership Supporter-Exclusive
- Inclusive Leadership: A Business Imperative Supporter-Exclusive
- Using Inclusive Change Management in a Crisis: Q&A
- Deloitte: 8 Steps We Took to Advance Gender Equity
- Inclusive Leadership, Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion
- How to Strengthen Inclusive Leadership in Times of Crisis, EY
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader Through a Crisis, Harvard Business Review
- The Key to Inclusive Leadership, Harvard Business Review
- Unleashing the Power of Diversity Through Inclusive Leadership, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance
- The Five Disciplines of Inclusive Leaders, Korn Ferry
- Inclusive Leadership – Critical for Competitive Advantage, Mercer
Return to Ask Catalyst Express.