Catalyst Guide to Employee Resource Groups (Tool)Sep 27, 2021
Catalyst has more than 20 years of experience working with employee resource groups (ERGs) across a variety of industries and regions. Our guide is designed to provide step-by-step instructions as organizations and leaders—at all levels—plan, launch, grow, and evolve ERGs within their workplaces. With information relevant to ERG leaders and members, as well as HR and DEI leaders, this guide is a complete, end-to-end resource for ERGs.
This guide is broken into seven sections to cover the initiation through to the continuous refinement of ERGs. Users can jump to the sections they need for their ERG journey. Issues covered include the business case, infrastructure, leadership support, and means to track effectiveness. Extractable templates equip ERG leaders with models they can adapt and customize for their own use.
- Introduction to Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Develop Your ERG Infrastructure
- Launch Your ERG
- Establish ERG Governance
- Build Support and Work With Other Groups
- Take Action, Achieve Goals, and Measure Success
- Troubleshoot Challenges and Refine Your ERG
This guide includes some of the following extractable templates:
- Evaluating your ERG maturity stage
- ERG member survey
- Communication plans and assessments
- Sample metrics
- Measuring success and impact
For more information, resources, and organizational practice examples on ERGs, reach out to your Catalyst relationship manager or browse our ERG topic page.