Employee Resource Groups: Best Practices From Catalyst Award-Winning Initiatives (Tool)Mar 20, 2023
Across the corporate world, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are an instrument many companies use to drive employee engagement and business initiatives. But how they’re used and integrated with strategic goals can vary widely. Is your organization getting the most out of its ERGs?
Through an in-depth review of 36 Catalyst Award-winning initiatives that span industries and global regions and were honored from 2010 to 2022, we find ERGs in top companies being used in a variety of ways, with the most effective, in our opinion, including the following components:
- Networking and connection.
- Recruitment and development.
- Executing DEI efforts across intersections of identity.
- Embedding ERGs in the development of DEI and other business strategies.
Whether you are an ERG leader or member, or a senior executive or HR practitioner, this interactive tool will help you:
- Learn about the various ways ERGs may benefit employees, leadership, and DEI efforts as well as influence marketplace approaches.
- Grow and develop your ERGs so they can become a vital resource to your employees and company at large.
- Strategize ways that ERGs and leaders can actively create a more inclusive workplace culture for employees from marginalized groups.
How to cite: Naphor, D., Thorpe-Moscon, J., & Ohm, J. (2023). Employee resource groups: Best practices from Catalyst Award-winning initiatives. Catalyst.