US Supreme Court Affirmative Action Ruling and the Future of DEI in Corporate America (Webinar Recording)Jul 27, 2023
At many companies in the US, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs have become a part of the fabric of the organization—a critical way to address societal inequities while also building a strong workforce able to meet the challenges of today’s complicated, fast-changing world.
The US Supreme Court ruled in June 2023 on the constitutionality of race-based affirmative action in university and college admissions. Undeniably, this decision will have a ripple effect on workplaces. Companies must ensure their DEI initiatives are protected and sustained.
Watch this panel of expert speakers discuss the ruling, its ramifications, and the actions organizations can take to lead intentionally during this pivotal time.
- Carefully assess and understand the impact of the affirmative action decision on the workplace.
- Identify ways to sustain your DEI initiatives and ensure a diverse pool in hiring and succession planning.
- Preempt potential pitfalls in the current climate and effectively manage legal and business risks.
- Develop a framework to ensure workforce engagement and morale that emphasize a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging for everyone.
- Implement practical actions in the new landscape.
David Glasgow, Executive Director, Meltzer Center for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at NYU School of Law
Josetta Jones, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Chevron
Erin Souza-Rezendes, Vice President, Global Communications at Catalyst
Read the Catalyst statement on the US Supreme Court decision on affirmative action.
Read our Q&A with legal experts Kenji Yoshino and David Glasgow on the decision.