Canada Event Attendance Terms and Conditions
Catalyst Inc. Terms and Conditions of Event Attendance (the “Agreement”) (Canada)
1. General Terms. These Terms and Conditions of Purchase (the “Agreement”) govern the purchase and use of event tickets or a package of event tickets (each, a “Ticket”) by the purchaser (“Purchaser”) from Catalyst Canada Inc. (“Catalyst”) for online or in-person events, including but not limited to webinars, and conferences (each, an “Event”) organized by Catalyst, as described in the related purchase order, invoice, and/or webpage (each referred to herein as a “SOW”).
By purchasing a Ticket as described in a SOW, Purchaser agrees to be bound by this Agreement. Please read them carefully before making a purchase.
This Agreement shall be effective and binding on both parties upon the sooner to occur of: (1) Purchaser agreeing to the terms of this Agreement in the SOW; (2) Purchaser’s payment of the Fee to Catalyst, or (3) Purchaser attending the Event described in the SOW referencing this Agreement.
2. Ticket Purchase. Tickets can be purchased online through the Catalyst’s website or other online form, an authorized third-party platforms, or by payment of invoice.
Purchaser will pay the fee stated in the SOW (the “Fee”).
Purchaser must be at least 18 years old to purchase Tickets. If Purchaser is purchasing Tickets on behalf of someone else, Purchaser represents and warrants that Purchaser has their consent and authority to do so.
Tickets may be subject to availability and limited to a specified number purchased per person. Once purchased, Tickets are non-refundable, except as provided in Sections 4 and 5 or as required by applicable law.
3. Ticket Validity and Use. Each Ticket is valid for a single entry to the designated Event, or multiple entries for a Ticket package, as specified on the Ticket. Tickets cannot be resold or used for commercial purposes without Catalyst’s prior written consent.
Following purchase of a Ticket, Purchasers may be required to register for the Event through a separate online process.
Catalyst reserves the right to refuse entry to any Purchaser who violates this Agreement, engages in disruptive behavior, or fails to comply with Event rules or instructions from Catalyst’s staff.
4. Event Changes or Postponement. Catalyst reserves the right to make changes to the Event schedule, venue, speakers, or any other aspect of the Event, at its sole discretion. In such cases, Catalyst will make reasonable efforts to notify Purchasers in advance.
In the event of Event postponement due to circumstances beyond Catalyst’s control (such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or public health emergencies), Catalyst will make commercially reasonable efforts to reschedule the Event or offer alternative options to Purchasers.
5. Termination; Cancellation of Event.This Agreement will expire upon completion of the Event and payment of the Fee.
In the event that Catalyst needs to convert an in-person portion of an Event to a virtual format due to circumstances beyond Catalyst’s control (such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or public health emergencies), in-person tickets will be automatically converted to virtual tickets where available. There will be no refund for the difference in amount between the in-person and virtual tickets.
In the instance of total Event cancellation due to circumstances beyond Catalyst’s control (such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or public health emergencies), Purchasers may be entitled to a refund or credit toward a comparable future Event, subject to Catalyst’s discretion and any applicable law. The refund process and any applicable deadlines will be communicated to Purchaser by Catalyst.
6. Liability and Disclaimer. Catalyst and its affiliates, employees, directors, or agents shall not be liable for any loss, injury, damage, or expense arising from the purchase or use of Tickets or attendance at the Event.
Catalyst does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of the information provided about the Event, including but not limited to the Event description, schedule, or speakers.
In the event of a breach of this Agreement by Catalyst, Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy is for Catalyst to refund the price of the Tickets.
7. Photography and Videography.
Livestreaming, photography, audio and video recording may occur at the Event, whether remote or in person. You hereby consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any and all recorded media of your appearance and/or voice, written questions, name and professional biographic information, in any format or media, for any purpose whatsoever (including broadcast, promotional or commercial purposes) in perpetuity in connection with Catalyst initiatives, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, promotional materials, in print or electronic publications, and in news and marketing. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and consents to grant the foregoing rights and licenses. This consent inures to the benefit of Catalyst Canada Inc., its affiliates, successors, assigns, contractors and licensees. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not purchase Tickets to or enter and/or log into the Event.
8. Catalyst’s Proprietary Rights.Catalyst and/or our licensors and suppliers own the Event content, including recordings thereof along with any information or materials made available to you in connection with the Event (“Event Content”). The Event Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to reproduce, modify, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Event Content.
Trade names, trademarks, and service marks used in connection with the Event, including the Catalyst logo are owned by Catalyst, Catalyst’s licensors or other respective owners. Nothing contained in this Agreement or in connection with the Event should be construed as granting, any license or right to use any such trade names, trademarks, or service marks without the express prior written consent of the owner.
9. Miscellaneous. This Agreement and the rights, interests or obligations set forth herein may not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party. No person(s) are intended as third-party beneficiaries. Headings are for convenience only. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. This Agreement and the SOW constitute the complete, exclusive and final expression of the agreement between the parties, and supersedes all prior discussions, understandings and agreements between them, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless it is in writing, signed by both parties and specifically references this Agreement and the provisions to be altered. This Agreement shall prevail over any Purchaser general terms and conditions regardless of when the purchaser has submitted its request for proposal, order or such terms.The provision of Tickets to Purchaser does not constitute acceptance of any of Purchaser’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these terms. Terms contained in any Purchaser document for which acceptance is required as a condition of payment after the delivery of Tickets are hereby deemed null and void. A waiver of any provision herein is not a waiver with respect to any other provision and is effective only in the specific instance and for the specific purpose for which it was given. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, it shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Sections 6-9 shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement. The parties hereby designate the affiliates of Catalyst as third-party beneficiaries of this agreement that may enforce this agreement and the rights and remedies therein. For the purposes of this agreement, “affiliate” means any person or entity, which Catalyst directly or indirectly controls or is under common control with.
Version: 13 September 2023