Develop communication skills that bring out the best in you—and in others.
Our new course, “Inclusive Leadership Training: Leading With Effective Communication,” begins April 19, 2016.
What does it take to inspire others, promote a novel idea, or have a difficult conversation? How can you position yourself as a leader through inclusive communication? How do you know that the message you are intending to send is what is being received? Join Catalyst experts to explore this topic and the important role communication plays in inclusive leadership.
All too often, we struggle to communicate effectively—particularly with people who are different from us in some way. This course will show you how the most effective communication utilizes the inclusive leadership mindset of Empowerment, Accountability, Courage, and Humility. Through research and real-world examples, you will learn how to use that mindset to enhance your communication skills. Topics will include understanding dialogue processes, debunking everyday communication myths, testing assumptions, listening, expressing yourself authentically, and communicating across differences. With short quizzes, compelling case studies, and engaging videos, you will develop knowledge each week while sharing your experience with other learners.
Throughout the course, you will create a plan of action to apply the strategies learned in the course to your work and other parts of your life.
What you'll learn
- Approaches, frameworks, and tools for communicating effectively.
- How inclusive leadership and effective communication are intertwined.
- How to work through everyday communication roadblocks.
- Strategies to create space for transparent and authentic communication, where people across differences feel safe to speak up and share ideas.
- How to use your communication strengths to build effective relationships in your professional and personal life.
Contact Emily Troiano, Senior Director, Information Center, for details.
Additional Course Details:
- Course Start/Duration: April 19 / 4 weeks
- Effort: 1-2 hours per week
- Cost: Free; Verified Certificate $50
Dnika J. Travis, PhD, Vice President, Women of Color Research & Center Leader, Catalyst Research Center for Corporate Practice
Alixandra Pollack, Director, Research