My Career Toolkit: Entrepreneurship and Business Grants
Are you ready to embark on your own business venture?
Note: Catalyst does not provide grant support.
- The Athena Center for Leadership Studies at Barnard College: Leadership development program, offering workshops, labs, mentoring networks, fellowships, resources, and news, for young women interested in leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC): Nonprofit organization that helps women entrepreneurs by providing training, mentoring, business development, best practices, and financial opportunities.
- The Boss Network: Online and event-based networking community for professional and entrepreneurial women.
- Business Outreach Center (BOC) Network: Centers located throughout New York City and Newark, New Jersey connecting individuals to business counselors and contacts who provide education and advice in entrepreneurship.
- Cherie Blair Foundation: Organization focused on developing women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries through three programs: enterprise development (facilitating access to capital and markets), mentoring, and mobile technology.
- Chic CEO: Advice, how-to guides, book lists, and other resources for women entrepreneurs. Includes downloadable tools, such as business plan outlines, roadmaps, and contracts.
- Dutiee: Articles and advice for entrepreneurs in social justice and non-profits.
- Federation of Indian Women Entrepreneurs (FIWE): Networking events and programs for women entrepreneurs, including business counseling, entrepreneurship development and skills training, certifications, awards, product promotion, and more.
- The Founding Mom: Community of entrepreneurial mothers, providing a blog, events, and list of resources that will help grow a new business.
- Grow Her Business: Searchable database of online resources that cater specifically to female entrepreneurs. The platform houses information ranging from accelerator programs, to finding mentors, to federal grant applications.
- Harvard Business Review: Entrepreneurs: Collection of recent articles on entrepreneurship.
- MsMoney.com: Entrepreneurship: Advice and resources for starting a business.
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO): Member organization providing networking, events, advocacy, and resources for women entrepreneurs.
- Tory Burch Foundation: Capital-building and educational programs for women entrepreneurs, publishing articles and interviews from women leaders.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): Women’s Business Resources: List of resources, articles, and blogs on women in all aspects of business.
- Women Entrepreneurs: Collection of Entrepreneur magazine’s recent articles related to women in entrepreneurship.
- Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC): Nonprofit organization offering resources, education, certifications, events, and sponsorship to help women in every phase of the business development and growth process.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC): Nonprofit organization and the largest third-party certifier of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Development (WED) Programme: Collection of articles on women entrepreneurship around the world. An initiative of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Amber Grants for Women: Amber Grants award a qualifying grant of $500 each month and an additional $1000 grant to one of those recipients every 12 months. Includes tips on finding a small business grant.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW): Grants and fellowships for women pursuing graduate or postdoctoral studies, as well as for community action and international projects related to education and equality for women and girls.
- Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant: Grant program for women-owned and women-led businesses, awarding up to 10 recipients per year. The site covers eligibility requirements, selection criteria, application information, and a list of past recipients.
- Foundation Center: Information source for philanthropy, fundraising, and grant programs. Maintains basic knowledge guides, a directory and guides for finding foundations, and training for improving fundraising skills.
- Grants.gov: US government-produced database of grant opportunities, including resources for learning about and applying for grants.
This toolkit identifies organizations and resources that may be helpful for you no matter what your career stage.
Do you know your rights in the workplace and beyond?
Find a community of like-minded professionals that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Launch (or advance) your career by gaining an education and securing financial aid.
Find an inclusive workplace with this list of resources.