Make the Invisible Visible for #IWD
Catalyst Can Help Your Organization Celebrate #IWD2021
How do you want to celebrate in March 2021?
Make the Invisible Visible
Building upon the success of the #BiasCorrect campaigns, we are making the invisible barriers women face visible in virtual meetings around the world. Starting on March 8, 2021, check out our #BiasCorrect campaign resources, including downloadable virtual backgrounds with one of the following questions on them:
- Have you ever felt judged when your child interrupted a meeting?
- Have you ever been talked over in a meeting?
- Have you ever been the “only” in the room?
- Have you ever been asked, “Where are you really from?”
- Have you ever had to check your authentic self at the door?
Visit #BiasCorrect starting March 8 to get these and other tools designed to spark a conversation around this very important issue and inspire people to become a catalyst for gender equality.
Plan or Join an Event
- Plan to attend the 2021 Catalyst Awards Program and Celebration: Join Catalyst on March 17-18, 2021 and throughout the month of March to honor the 2021 Catalyst Award Winners and celebrate women’s contributions to the world.
- Watch our 2021 International Women’s Day Webinar, which took place on March 1 and included panelists from Catalyst, International Women’s Day, The Representation Project, and Lean In. Recording available for Supporter companies only.
- Speaking Engagements: Catalyst experts can join you for a discussion on a variety of topics such as inclusive leadership; myth-busting around the gender gap; advancing and elevating women of color; mentoring and sponsorship; work-life effectiveness; employee resource groups; unconscious biases; women on boards, and more.
- Roundtables: Offer employees the opportunity to meet with your Chief Diversity Officer or executive sponsor of your Women’s Employee Resource Group at a roundtable and gather meaningful feedback from them.
- Leading Women Panel: Catalyst can facilitate a panel featuring senior women leaders from your organization talking about their career experiences. Consider inviting clients as well. Add a visual component by playing Catalyst’s “Barriers” video to kick off your event.
- Host a Speed-Mentoring Event: Bring together high-potential women of color and senior leaders for 10-minute mentoring sessions.
- Donate: Give to an organization that supports women and/or girls.
Educate and Take Action
- If your organization is not yet a Catalyst Supporter, learn how to become one to gain access to an unparalleled global community of leaders and companies, cutting-edge solutions, and world-renowned research.
- Engage Men: Invite men in your organization to engage MARC (Men Advocating Real Change), an initiative that inspires men to leverage their unique opportunities and responsibilities to be advocates for equity. Our research-based, experiential learning disrupts traditional diversity, equity, and inclusion approaches to enhance gender partnership and accelerate the creation of inclusive workplaces.
- Read Personal Stories and Tips: Take a few minutes to read our latest blog posts. Share your new learnings via social media.
- Leverage Your Intranet: Get creative! Feature career profiles about women leaders from your organization in the days leading up to IWD. Post 30-second videos of leaders sharing their views on issues related to women’s advancement.
- Organize a Raffle: Raffle off a virtual coffee or breakfast with your most senior woman leader.
- Become an Inclusive Leader: To engage people of all backgrounds, learn more about inclusive leadership by checking out the CatalystX Inclusive Leadership Courses on edX.org.
Share Catalyst Resources
- Blog: 10 Steps to Create Inclusive Workplaces
- Blog: Why Intersectionality Matters Even More in 2020
- Infographic series: Flip the Script
- Report: Covid-19: Women, Equity, and Inclusion in the Future of Work
- Report: Getting Real About Inclusive Leadership
- Report: How Black Women and Men Pay More at Work and How Leaders Can Take Action
- Infographic: Be Inclusive Every Day
- Tool: Actions Men Can Take To Create An Inclusive Workplace
- Infographic: Conversation Ground Rules
- Microlearning: Managing Your Remote Team Inclusively
Check out Ask Catalyst Express for further insights and recommended resources on additional diversity, equity, and inclusion topics.