Brainstorm for #IWD2019
Catalyst Can Help Your Organization Celebrate #IWD2019
This year’s theme is #BalanceforBetter. How do you want to celebrate?
#BiasCorrect Your Words
Check out our #BiasCorrect campaign tools including videos on unconscious gender bias, the #BiasCorrect Plug-In, and custom photos to help us spark a conversation around this very important issue and inspire people to become a catalyst for gender equality.
Plan or Join an Event
- Plan to attend the 2019 Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner: Join Catalyst on March 14 to honor the 2019 Catalyst Award winners and celebrate women’s contributions to the world. We’re gathering a prestigious group of speakers and attendees at the New York Hilton Midtown for a full-day Sign up for this webinar taking place on the eve of International Women’s Day to learn the steps you and your organization can take to create a more inclusive workplace for all individuals, and hear about the resources you can use to make this happen.
- Speaking Engagement: Catalyst experts can join you for a discussion on a variety of topics such as inclusive leadership; myth-busting around the gender gap; mentoring and sponsorship; work-life effectiveness; employee resource groups; unconscious biases; women on boards; Millennials, and more.
- Roundtables: Offer employees the opportunity to meet with your Chief Human Resources Officer or Chief Diversity Officer at a roundtable and gather meaningful feedback from them.
- Leading Women Panel: Catalyst can facilitate a panel featuring senior women leaders from your organization talking about their career experiences. Consider inviting clients as well. Add a visual component by playing Catalyst’s “Barriers” video to kick off your event.
- Host a Speed-Mentoring Event: Bring together high-potential women and senior leaders for 10-minute mentoring sessions.
- Donate: Give to an organization that supports women and/or girls.
Educate and Take Action
- Engage Men: Invite men in your organization to join MARC (Men Advocating Real Change), an online community created by Catalyst for professionals committed to achieving equality in the workplace.
- Actions Men Can Take To Create An Inclusive Workplace
- Actions Women Can Take To Support Men’s Engagement
- Read Catalyzing: Take a few minutes to read our latest Catalyzing blog posts. Share your new learnings via social media.
- Leverage Your Intranet: Get creative! Feature career profiles about women leaders from your organization in the days leading up to IWD. Post 30-second videos of leaders sharing their views on issues related to women’s advancement.
- Engage Employee Resource Groups: Connect ERGs to Catalyst’s Employee Resource Leadership Initiative (ERLI) to learn more about our virtual events, roundtables, and the annual ERLI Conference.
- Organize a Raffle: Raffle off coffee or breakfast with your most senior woman leader.
- Become an Inclusive Leader: To engage people of all backgrounds, learn more about inclusive leadership by checking out the CatalystX Inclusive Leadership Courses on edX.org.
Align With Catalyst as an International Women’s Day Chosen Charity
- Provide an IWD 2019 statement on behalf of your organization regarding how your company supports gender parity such as those made in 2017.
- Explore becoming a 2019 IWD Supporter.
- Plan an IWD event supporting the IWD 2019 campaign theme using IWD resources and Catalyst knowledge and expertise.
Share Catalyst Resources
- Blog: 10 Steps to Create Inclusive Workplaces
- Blog: 10 More Steps to Create Inclusive Workplaces
- Infographic: Inclusion Matters
- Report: Inclusive Leadership: The View From Six Countries
- Quiz: Are you An Inclusive Leader?
- Infographic: Be Inclusive Every Day
- Tool: Actions Men Can Take To Create An Inclusive Workplace
- Infographic: Conversation Ground Rules
Unconscious gender bias fuels the gender gap. On International Women’s Day, get tools to help #BiasCorrect the workplace.
The 2019 Catalyst Awards Conference was held on March 14. Participants learned from Catalyst experts, Catalyst Award winners, and others.
Our annual event took place on March 14. Over 1,600 executives honored the 2019 Catalyst Award winners.
This blended-learning curriculum empowers leaders with the skills they need to build more inclusive workplaces.
Join CatalystX, in partnership with edX, in a series of online courses on how to become an inclusive leader.