Webinar Recording: DirectWomen and Catalyst: Pathways to International Board ServiceMay 17, 2018
This content is available to Catalyst Supporters only. Become a Supporter now.
DirectWomen’s International Board Committee co-hosted a webinar with Catalyst on the subject of international board service. Many experts maintain that a better gender balance at the C-suite and Board level offers substantial advantages for companies. Research has shown that a balance between men and women results in more balanced corporate decision making, greater profitability and even the possibility of avoiding bankruptcy risks. This webinar explored the pathways to a seat on an international board through a discussion of experience, subject matter expertise, and mandates abroad.
- Lisa Savitt (Moderator), Partner, The Axelrod Firm and Chair, DirectWomen International Boards Committee
- Trudy Curran, Director, Riversdale Resources Limited, Baytex Energy Corp. and Member, Alberta Securities Commission
- Suzanne Rich Folsom, Former General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Senior Vice President, U.S. Steel Corporation and Director, AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V.
- Anke Meier, Partner, Noerr LLP and Member, Panel of Conciliators of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Ashley Mac Isaac-Butler, Director, Catalyst Women On Board™ and Government Relations, Canada, Catalyst