Board Value Proposition:
Business Unit Leadership, Strategy, and Innovation
- As President of Bell Media, leading the strategy to build on the company’s leading position as the country’s top multimedia company.
- Innovating TV and on-demand content by investing in primetime programming, coverage of live events, news, and sports on TV, radio, and digital platforms.
Operational Expertise, Organizational Transformation, and Service Improvements
- As Executive Vice President of Field Services at Bell Canada, ($1.5 billion budget, 12,000 technicians), led significant transformations within organization to improve service while reducing costs, including several modernization and efficiency improvements, e.g., streamlining service and delivery processes, and amending response protocol to provide rapid service to customers in an intensely competitive environment.
- Reduced costs by more than $100 million while improving customer service. Challenged underlying operational assumptions to transform a large, traditional team into a flexible organization driven by a performance-based culture.
- Created a more flexible cost structure for field services, enabling the team to readily adapt to an evolving marketplace and changing customer needs. Also implemented a culture of accountability for frontline managers, rewarding those who continually refine processes and find opportunities to increase efficiencies.
- As general manager of Canadian Operations for Internet Pictures Corporation (IPIX), successfully managed the exponential growth of the operation while this virtual home-tour product went from something new and original to something expected on any online real estate listing.
- Capital Goods
- Construction & Equipment
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Research & Consulting Services
- Cable & Satellite
- Movies & Entertainment
- Telecommunications Services
Argonauts GP Inc. 2016
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) 2012 to 2015
Compensation, Human Resources and Governance Committee
Expertech Network Installation Inc. 2011 to 2014
SystM Electrical and Communications Services Inc. 2009 to 2015
Bell Technical Solutions 2008 to 2015
SickKids Foundation 2016 to Present
Compensation, Resource Management Committee
Greenwood College School 2014 to Present
Sheena's Place 2014 to 2016
Chair, Human Resources Committee
Regional Transportation Civic Action Committee 2012 to 2014
Queen’s School of Business, Advisory Board 2010 to Present
Queen’s University, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, Capital Campaign Board 2010 to Present
NFL 2017 to Present
Chief Operating Officer
President, Digital Media and NFL Network
Bell Canada 2005 to 2017
President, Bell Media
Group President, Media Sales, Local TV and Radio, Bell Media
Executive Vice President, Field Operations
Vice President, Customer Experience, Small Medium Business
Codesta LLC 2002 to 2005
Partner and Board Director
Internet Pictures Corporation (IPIX) 1999 to 2001
Vice President, Operations and General Manager
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2016
MBA, Queen’s University, 1997
MSc (Eng.), University of Toronto, 1990
BSc (Hons. Civ. Eng.), Queen’s University, 1988