Board Value Proposition:
A seasoned senior executive with deep strategic and operational experience in the financials, health care and consumer discretionary sectors.
Board Governance and HR Committee Chair Experience
- As Chair, Human Resource Committee at Mountain Equipment Coop, governed the creation and implementation of a CEO long-term incentive plan, a human resource strategy with metrics, and a CEO succession plan.
Organizational Transformation and Improvements
- Led the operational changes and HR information system and payroll innovations that resulted in an increase in Vancity’s engagement scores in IT from 62% to 73%, and in HR from 40% to 65% in a single year
- Executive sponsor for Vancity living wage certification and carbon neutrality.
- Led the diversity and inclusion strategy at Vancity to exceed the local labour rates for people with disabilities, aboriginal descent and visible minorities.
Change Management, Cost Reductions and Improved Efficiency
- As COO Vancouver Coastal Health, developed and implemented the strategy for reducing costs by 10% while maintaining service levels from 2002 to 2004.
- At Misericordia Hospital, implemented downsizing of a full-service acute care hospital by 130 beds and 350 positions, on time and on budget. While Chair of the Regional Surgery Program Council reduced costs by 14% out of an $89 million budget.
- When Vice President, Programs, North Shore Health Region, excelled in several key program performance indicators resulting in the Region’s being rated #1 Health Region in Canada by Maclean’s magazine in 2000, 2001, and 2002.
- Diversified Banks
- Diversified Financials
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Health Care Facilities
- Health Care Services
- Catalog Retail
- Internet Retail
- Specialty Stores