Reports To: Senior Director, Research
Location: NYC Office or Virtual in US
Summary of Responsibilities
The Statistician conducts advanced quantitative analyses across all research priority areas; creates statistical summary reports of findings; and oversees the collection, documentation, management, and storage of data across the Research department.
The Statistician will work across several projects to analyze and understand patterns in survey data to test ideas and hypotheses that support Catalyst’s long-term research agenda. This person will communicate results effectively to other members of the research department and Catalyst broadly, as well as write results for business and academic audiences. The Statistician is also responsible for helping identify and implementing procedures for ensuring data integrity to support the organization’s research activities. The Statistician will collect, prepare, organize, document, protect, and analyze data assets while ensuring that Catalyst’s Research team meets industry best practices and standards.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sophisticated analysis and data management as well as leadership around related best practices.
- Conducts advanced statistical quantitative analyses, including effectively collaborating with project leaders and team members to do so.
- Communicates findings verbally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Designs and implements data analysis plans and strategies.
- Executes and ensures, for the department, the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of research data, including version control.
- Implements data-privacy policies and complies with data-protection regulations.
- Maintains accuracy of files and effectiveness of study sample by managing large databases and applications.
- Executes organization-wide standards for data integrity and security, including GDPR compliance, and collaborates with staff to effectively implement that standard.
- Has knowledge of relevant applications, big-data solutions, and tools.
- Has experience with social science data and methodologies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in quantitative statistical analysis, including but not limited to: SEM, MLM/HLM, survival analysis, growth modeling. Must be able to provide written evidence of such skills from prior work.
- Experience with analysis tools such as SPSS or other statistical packages.
- Strong experience with knowledge/data management and storage.
- Flexible, adapting to accommodate new opportunities.
- Curious, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, comfortable working on virtual/geographically-dispersed teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel while managing and meeting changing deadlines and priorities.
- Meticulous eye for detail and documentation.
- Ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The Statistician must be comfortable working in a highly-virtual environment, interacting with colleagues in myriad ways using technology.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Master’s degree in Statistics, Psychology or Sociology (with a Statistical component), or related field (Doctoral degree holders encouraged to apply). Experience managing large data sets required.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Statistician” in the subject line. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.