Senior Director, Learning Product Partnerships
Department: Learning & Advisory Services (LAS)
Reports To: SVP, Learning & Advisory Services
Location: New York Office or Virtual
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is looking for a Senior Director of Partnerships to lead and manage existing product partnerships, new product partnership opportunities, and help create and implement a long-term strategic vision of product partnerships related to our learning space. This important role, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Learning & Advisory Services, will work closely with functional and program leads across the LAS department as well as other key stakeholders across the organization to determine the right product partnership strategy (build/buy/partner), product partner decisions (current and new), and execute based on client needs and demands.
The Senior Director of Product Partnerships is responsible for the full partnership management cycle including strategic assessment, market fit, product planning, negotiation, and relationship management with current and new partners and vendors.
- Lead LAS product partnership function to create a long-term and sustainable model to allow Catalyst to make impact for global clients.
- Utilize the partnership assessment strategy and tools to vet current and new products/partners, identifying opportunities as strategic fits and appropriately track the impact of this work.
- Ensure the right partner resources and support are in place from the team (including but not limited to CatalystX; Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator vendors; related workshop partners).
- Oversee Future of Work strategic activities, including understanding potential and new work streams, business development opportunities, and partner assessments as well as related events and client-facing activities in this pillar.
- Work with clients to position products/partners and potential new partner pilots – and/or existing partner work (for example, CatalystX).
- Identify “trendsetter” ideas by researching industry and related events, and publications, while tracking external individual contributors and their accomplishments in this space.
- Oversee and collaborate with direct report(s) and related team members, as applicable, to ensure core administrative, analytical, and logistical functions are met while cultivating an environment of transparency and trust.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build trusting relationships with potential and current product partners and clients.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen including budget responsibility and accountability to develop a refreshed product partnership model and strategy linked to LAS fee-for-service program offerings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Product management experience – especially in managing different types of partners and assessing strategic impact and overseeing execution.
- In-depth knowledge and content expertise in D&I area; ability to learn and understand Catalyst’s knowledge products and learning programs currently offered with underlying awareness of opportunity areas to work with current and future partners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate cross-departmentally to unite organization-wide strategy and goals through the current offerings that ensure sustainable mission impact.
- Strong managerial skills to empower team members and/or direct report to build sustainable internal systems to support the increasing demand of end-to-end programming and content development.
- Applied knowledge in Communications, Relationship Management, Business Acumen, Global & Cultural Awareness, Leadership and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Primarily client-facing work, heavy in-person, phone, and computer use.
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time.
- Some travel (depending on partnership needs, up to ~30%).
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) and at least seven (7) years of product management, sales, and program development experience. Direct expertise in the diversity and inclusion corporate sector is required. Experience with RFPs and contract negotiations are preferred. Experience with adult learning products/programs and knowledge of future of work concepts/topics is a plus. Recent experience in multiple discipline areas and levels, including Learning and Development and Employee Engagement, is a plus.
How to Apply
Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.