Senior Director Human Resources, Head of Talent and Culture
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Head of Human Resources
Location: New York Office
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is looking for a Senior Director of Human Resources, Head of Talent and Culture to create and implement programs and processes that will attract, develop and retain high-performing and highly engaged employees. This important role, reporting to the Head of Human Resources, will work closely with others across the organization on engagement activities, with a heavy focus on diversity and inclusion-related initiatives. The Senior Director, Head of Talent and Culture will act as an adviser to all employees with regards to career development and advancement.
The Senior Director of Talent and Culture is responsible for the full cycle talent management including sourcing the best talent and developing effective programs for learning and development, retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Recruit full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern staff. Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, pre-screen, schedule, background, references, offer, on-boarding). Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start. Develop appropriate marketing strategies and ensure an effective and efficient recruitment life-cycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
- Develop effective relationships across the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Create an organization-wide curriculum that develops staff at all levels, is aligned with organizational priorities and includes leadership, communication and technical skills and organization-specific product knowledge.
- Deliver learning by conducting/facilitating presentations and training and sourcing experienced vendors who align with the organization’s culture.
- Serve as a business partner to employees ensuring a best-in-class employee experience.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review processes that results in high levels of employee engagement and develops and retains top talent.
- Management of Performance Management processes, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Help to create and maintain a positive and constructive environment of inclusion, diversity and employee engagement that supports our internal priority of “One Catalyst.”
- Work closely with the Director HR Operations to collect and coordinate aggregate data and translate data into insights that drives strategic planning at the appropriate levels.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs; experience in working with applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to source and hire diverse talent.
- Deep experience in Human Resources, including as an adviser/HR Business Partner to staff and management of other HR professionals.
- Applied knowledge in Communications, Relationship Management, Business Acumen, Global & Cultural Awareness, Leadership, and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated skill in assisting an organization in creating a workplace culture that facilitates respect, empathy, inclusion, and innovation.
- Capacity to listen, be curious, display a learning orientation geared towards understanding different perspectives, and the ability to apply these talents when making decisions and working with staff.
- Experience in capturing and translating metrics and producing management employment reports.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- This position directly manages one team member, Director of Recruiting.
- Primarily internal client-facing work; heavy in-person and video meetings.
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time.
- Limited travel.
Education and Experience Requirements
10+ years of broad HR experience including talent management and performance management. Recent experience in multiple discipline areas and levels, including Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
How to Apply
Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.