Senior Director, Corporate Engagement
Department: Corporate Engagement
Reports to: Vice President, US Strategy & Corporate Engagement
Location: Bay Area – San Francisco, CA
Summary of Responsibilities
As part of a growing global supportership structure, the Senior Director will play a key role in expanding the Catalyst brand, presence, and diversity and inclusion expertise in the San Francisco Bay Area and Western Region of the United States. This individual will be responsible for developing a specific regional corporate outreach strategy and recruiting new supporter organizations, managing a portfolio of existing supporter organizations, and leading the development and delivery of regional supporter services and events. The Senior Director will also build relationships with corporate and professional supporter organizations, senior executives, the media, and other key stakeholders. This individual will be required to lead strategic growth and engagement of supporter organizations and strategic regional partners.
- Relationship Management
- Serve as Relationship Manager to designated Catalyst corporate supporters, maintaining regular contact regarding upcoming Catalyst events/research and stakeholders’ needs and issues regarding their diversity and inclusion strategy, as well as communicating Catalyst offerings and following up on various requests.
- Work with Operations team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new corporate supporters.
- Corporate Support Prospecting
- Responsible for new revenue development via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new Catalyst supporters.
- Regional Development
- Regional focus on the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley in the first 6 months to one year to onboard and stabilize the region. The region coverage will ideally include the full west coast and Denver markets. With growth to Arizona and Utah in the next 3 years.
- Serve as the regional connection and brand of Catalyst – establishing on the ground connections with partner organizations and media with diversity and inclusion expertise.
- Speak to external constituencies regarding Catalyst’s mission, research, services and solutions that assist companies in recruiting, retaining, and advancing women; communicate trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information regarding industry trends and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Catalyst teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new supporters and better serve existing accounts.
- Develop Expertise
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst resources, research, and services. Grow to be a resource for Catalyst Supporter organizations on their diversity and inclusion strategic journey.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for supporter and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources to guide their diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Support the development and execution of events designed to convene Catalyst supporter organizations and prospects.
Knowledge and Skills
- We are directly seeking an individual with experience working in diversity and inclusion in high tech and/or STEM focused organizations.
- An established network in the western US is necessary.
- Experience in sales, business development, account/relationship management, consulting services, fundraising, human resources, or other related areas, with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world; general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to think strategically and recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst’s mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight and problem-solving.
- Ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and work with confidential issues and data.
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Some travel is required (~20%).
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in the STEM fields and Diversity and Inclusion work, with an established Western Region network required.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations, or consulting work experience.
- Fundraising and global experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Sr Director, Corporate Engagement” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.