Senior Associate, Research
Reports To: Senior Director, Research
Location: NYC or virtual in the United States
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Associate in Research supports and leads components of research projects, examining issues related to workplace equity and inclusion. These responsibilities range from suggestions for new research projects and approaches to the creation of reports or tools relevant to a business audience. As a contributor to project-team activities, this individual should have expertise in building conceptual frameworks as well as in quantitative data analysis and reporting. The Senior Associate will develop recognition as an expert on Catalyst research, both within and outside the organization.
- Supports, manages, and leads components of Catalyst’s research on equity and inclusion, including intersections of gender/race/ethnicity and/or men and masculinity.
- Conceptualizes research frameworks, collects and manages data, conducts data analyses, and synthesizes findings.
- Participates in writing high-quality reports, tools, and other knowledge products designed and written for the business community.
- Supports the drafting of business publication and academic journal articles.
- Develops recognition as an expert by disseminating information to internal audiences, corporate audiences, academic audiences, the public, and the media.
- Builds content expertise with the goal of participating in internal or external speaking engagements.
- Supports team, departmental, and organizational efforts and initiatives.
- Maintains in-depth personal knowledge of Catalyst’s areas of expertise and service offerings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to support and manage a research project, including: project planning and oversight, collaboration and problem-solving, and conceptualizing of systems/processes/projects.
- Adept in macro/systems and critical thinking to drive positive change.
- Understanding of strength-based approaches and a valuing of the complexity of human behavior and organizational change.
- Background in applied social research, especially quantitative data analyses and reporting.
- Strong abilities with statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, or other advanced statistical software.
- Understanding of design and administration of global research.
- Flexible, adapting to accommodate new opportunities; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously; comfortable working on virtual/geographically-dispersed teams.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong, succinct writing, both for business and academic audiences, including audiences not adept at statistical analysis.
- An ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Background in empowerment, social justice, or inclusion theories and/or ethnic or gender studies is desirable.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a master’s degree or equivalent, PhD preferred, in the social science, education, social work, business, management, or public administration fields, and three to five years of progressively responsible work experience in applied research and/or consulting.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary with “Senior Associate, Research” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to a large volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.