Reports to: Senior Director, Research
Summary of Responsibilities
Part-time Research Fellows support and/or manage research-driven knowledge products and activities to support Catalyst’s mission. We are seeking Research Fellows with different areas of content expertise, including workplace inclusion at the team and individual level; assessment of organizational programs and practices; gender equity; men and masculinity; the future of work; or intersectionality. Research Fellows will contribute to specific research team activities based on project needs and individual strengths. Here are several examples: conducting in-depth literature reviews; managing, coding, tracking, and analyzing quantitative data; conducing qualitative data analysis (thematic analyses); writing summaries of research findings; or participating in the development of research projects. This is a part-time, temporary position.
- Conducts in-depth literature reviews: annotates and summarizes articles; organizes literature or Practices thematically, drawing out important trends; and presents findings to the Research team and/or others at Catalyst.
- Participates in discussions regarding the development and implementation of research strategies in key areas.
- Conducts quantitative or qualitative analyses (depending on project).
- Manages and cleans databases and tracking systems.
- May participate in developing, testing, and administering of surveys and/or other instruments.
- Drafts sections of reports, working papers, or summary outlines as well as presentation materials for internal and external audiences.
- Assists Research team with project work, as available and applicable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knows how to conduct applied social science research; has considerable experience with conducting literature reviews and academic writing; has used data analysis tools including SPSS (if quantitative) or NVivo (if qualitative).
- Organizes information effectively; can manage multiple projects, solve problems, and meet firm deadlines.
- Applies creative problem-solving and analytical skills to research projects.
- Has the ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work effectively with colleagues across various departments and job levels.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Functions effectively in a team-based virtual working environment as well as independently.
- Has knowledge in a topic area or areas related to Catalyst’s work.
- Virtual teamwork and collaboration
- Work with confidential issues and data
- Meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Heavy computer use, including teleconferencing and videoconferencing
Education and/or Experience/Requirements
This position is temporary and does not cover tuition. This position requires a M.A. or M.S. (or equivalent), preferably in social science, counseling, career development, social work, psychology, business, or public administration/public policy. Doctoral students and post-doctoral candidates are encouraged to apply. Content expertise in the future of work or gender studies is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Research Fellow” in the subject line. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.