Reports To: Vice President, Research
Summary of Responsibilities
You are a recognized expert with experience as a primary investigator, capable of planning and executing large, multi-year, global research projects. You are adept in macro/systems and critical thinking with a background in cultural competence, social justice, empowerment, or inclusion theories and/or race/ethnic or cultural studies. You value learning, are deeply curious and strengths-based, and are a thoughtful risk-taker. You’re able to represent Catalyst in business communities, in relationships with other experts, at relevant conferences, and in high-profile speaking engagements. This role will specialize in Culturally-Inclusive Practices or Race/Ethnic Studies.
- Builds, contributes to, and delivers a viable and integrated program of research focused on Equity & Inclusion in the workplace.
- Makes unique contributions to the existing body of research, in areas including, but not limited to: gender, race/ethnic or cultural studies, culturally-inclusive workplace practices, communicating across difference, interrupting bias, or organizational change.
- Supports the drafting of business publications and academic journal articles.
- Builds content expertise with the goal of supporting internal stakeholders and cross-functional activities as well as participating in external speaking engagements
Project management and leadership
- Engages in project planning, oversight, team-based accountability systems, and organizational initiatives.
- Manages staff and research fellows.
- Has cultural agility.
What’s it like on the Catalyst Research team?
- Fun, flexible, and fast-paced work environment.
- Rigorous and innovative research approach.
- Interdisciplinary team with a passion for open dialogue, learning, and living our values.
- Shared accountability, collaboration, and creative problem-solving leveraged to achieve business goals.
- Delivery of primary and secondary research, tools, and knowledge products in four areas: equity & inclusion, engaging men, advancing women, and future of work
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Highly virtual team environment with multiple reporting relationships and matrixed team structure.
- Some travel may be required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. or equivalent and documented achievements in applied social science research, specializing in culturally-inclusive workplace practices and race/ethnic studies.
- Background in applied social research.
- Strong facility in quantitative or qualitative data analyses, including statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, NVivo or other advanced statistical or analytic software.
How to Apply
Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.