Director, Internal Communications
Department: Transformation Management Office
Reports To: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Location: NYC Office
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking a Director who will be responsible for developing, leading, and executing internal communication strategies and plans within Catalyst, to keep the global Catalyst workforce appropriately informed and engaged. This is a crucial time for women in the workplace and you will join an organization that is at the forefront of helping organizations create workplaces where everyone can thrive.
As Director, you can expect your role to involve the following:
- Define organization-wide internal communication objectives, and develop the associated communication strategy and plan that are aligned with Catalyst’s overall organizational strategy and communication needs of Catalyst’s global workforce.
- Develop internal communications that are aligned with the strategic transformation effort, and that are complex in nature, such as, critical employee engagement programs, large-scale organizational announcements with significant impact, cultural transformation, etc.
- Influence and collaborate with Catalyst departments to understand their internal communication needs, and ensure organization-wide transformation initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees. Team up with key partners in the organization to ensure that the internal communications plans are aligned with necessary policies and guidelines.
- Influence senior leadership internal communications, including, providing counsel and support to department heads / senior leadership team in their organizational announcements. Help translate business/functional objectives and key priorities into strategic internal communications plans.
- Identify the most effective, efficient, and impactful methods and channels to achieve communication objectives.
- Use metrics to inform and improve plans and measure communication effectiveness. Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications accordingly.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees (such as town halls, leadership change notices, organization change notices, etc.) in written or spoken form.
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications media, such as the intranet, monthly magazine or regular bulletin.
- Development, ownership, and execution of internal communication strategy and plans
- Ownership and administration of all internal communication channels including the company intranet
- In partnership with appropriate departments and leaders, authorship and distribution of all internal communications; including but not limited to – planning and preparing agenda items and talking points for employee town halls, policy change notices, leadership/organization change notices, employee engagement surveys, compliance or training related notices, technology change notices, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding and highly developed oral and written communication skills; including very strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Strong program management skills and the ability to organize, plan, and execute organization-wide communication strategies that incorporate digital communication channels
- Working knowledge of the latest content authoring tools
- Ability to design and curate the organization intranet site and work with technical resources to maintain as needed
- Based in New York City metro area
- Minimal travel
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Communications or related field). Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant and dynamically more responsible internal communications experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director, Internal Communications” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.