Director, Events Fundraising
Department: Global Brand and Strategic Communications
Reports to: Senior Director, Global Events
Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is currently seeking the Director of Events Fundraising, who will be responsible for driving the growth and cultivation on events revenue streams through table sales and event sponsorships (Catalyst Awards Dinner attended by 1600 and the Catalyst Canada Honours Dinner attended by 700), and other mechanisms. You will join a passionate and determined Events team, while supporting other Catalyst events/event-related activities as needed, including those related to the Major Gifts Campaign. All your actions will play a key development role in the Canadian market.
Under the Catalyst mission of advancing women through workplace inclusion, the Events team is responsible for Catalyst events and webinars which raise nearly one third of Catalyst’s operating budget and serve as the convening authority for audiences committed to progress for women in the workplace. Events showcase Catalyst’s thought leadership, elevate visibility for our Supporters, and connect the Catalyst corporate community with one another and to advance our mission. This is a crucial time for women in the workplace and you will join an organization that is at the forefront of helping organizations create workplaces where women and everyone can thrive.
- Ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Source and pitch organizations to commit as event sponsors and ticket purchasers.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Create donor cultivation plan to grow revenue streams.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Responsible for all correspondence related to signature events.
- Invitations, Associate Chair letters, e-blasts and maintaining all attendance records and contacts related to each fundraising event.
- Work closely with Corporate Engagement team to ensure supporter organizations attend, sponsor and engage their CEO in Catalyst’s signature events.
- Update all donor information in CRM (Salesforce).
- Ensure all companies are invoiced for contributions, table purchases, etc.
- Draft thank you and tax acknowledgement letters.
- Draft weekly reports against goals and past financial performance to track trends.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- An understanding of, and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to represent Catalyst in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Knowledge of the Canadian business sector and the companies operating therein.
- Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with C-level executives from a wide range of industries and backgrounds.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently and with colleagues across varying departments and job levels.
- Ability to develop sponsorship proposals.
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines and targets.
- Purpose driven organization with committed colleagues.
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time, especially close to event dates.
- Revenue accountability.
- Collaborative interaction in an in-person and virtual team setting.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years fundraising and/or business development/sales experience.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director, Fundraising” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.