Director, Corporate Engagement, Central Canada
Department: Corporate Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director, Canada
Location: Toronto, Canada
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director plays a key role in the strategic growth and engagement of Supporter organizations in Central Canada, and works with the Canadian team to ensure that Catalyst’s Canadian operations are aligned with the global organization. This individual is responsible for developing a regional engagement strategy, managing a portfolio of existing Supporter organizations, recruiting new Supporter organizations, and leading the development and delivery of learning programs, advisory services and events. The Director builds relationships with senior executives, diversity and inclusion leaders, and other key stakeholders and influencers who will have a direct and sustainable impact on the advancement of women in business and inclusive workplaces more broadly.
- As a member of Catalyst’s global Corporate Engagement team, contribute to strategic direction and plans for growth and retention of Supporter organizations in Central Canada.
- Proactively share best practices and design strategies to acquire new Supporters and engage deeply with existing Supporter organizations.
- Take a consultative approach to Supporter engagement, guiding Supporters through the diversity and inclusion journey strategically and in a manner consistent with their needs and values.
- Serve as key contact (Relationship Manager) to designated Catalyst Supporter organizations, maintaining regular dialogue with Supporter executives and lead contacts regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and issues, communicating Catalyst benefits, and stakeholder requests. Share regular Supporter updates, develop/lead local Supporter roundtables, and conduct personal outreach to secure strategic attendance at Catalyst events in Canada (such as round-tables, workshops, Canada-related webinars, speaker series events, Catalyst Canada Honours, Catalyst Awards, etc.).
- Build close working relationships and rapport with executives (CEO and C-suite) and other key contacts and influencers within Supporter organizations.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst Supporter benefits, research, and services. Collaboratively share knowledge and resources with Catalyst team to support their growth, development, and ability to meet the needs of Supporters in other regions.
- Liaise with the Corporate Engagement team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new Supporters and outstanding invoices for existing Supporters.
New Supporter Development
- Lead the development and execution of market penetration strategy, including setting goals. Identify and develop the relevant content for prospective Supporters, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Secure new Supporter organizations as outlined through annual targets.
- Broker and deliver revenue-generating activities, including speaking engagements, event sponsorships, workshops, and consulting engagements.
Build and Strengthen Brand
- Serve as a spokesperson for Catalyst at a variety of speaking venues, including research releases, corporate sessions/events/speaking engagements, conferences, and external panel events. Develop, cultivate, maintain, and leverage an external network of resources and contacts who can be called upon for connections, information, and collaboration.
- Contribute to social media, building and elevating Catalyst’s profile in Canada (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Assess market demand for, and create, update, and deliver workshops to Supporters and market stakeholders and influencers.
- Use judgement to provide “light” advisory services as appropriate, and work with Advisory Services team where deeper-dive consulting engagements are required.
- Work with the Advisory Services team as appropriate to create/update Catalyst Real Solutions Workshops (e.g., Creating Your D&I Strategy full-day workshop); determine market demand and conduct on-the-ground delivery of multi-supporter workshops.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience positioning and delivering consulting services to executive leaders and their teams, or commensurate experience in an industry where the “product” is a service. Roles could include relationship development/management, human resources and/or diversity and inclusion leadership, or fundraising.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst’s mission.
- Outstanding communication skills, including experience making both verbal and written presentations, and an ability to clearly communicate nuanced ideas and research findings to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Broad knowledge of, and extensive experience in, the corporate environment.
- Demonstrated passion for, and general knowledge of, issues facing working women and other diverse groups in the workplace.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, a commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with the ability, personal motivation, and organization skills to work effectively in a virtual work environment.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
- Fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, tight deadlines, and confidential information.
- Virtual and matrixed work environment with support from Toronto – and New York – based teams.
- Some travel is required.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, as well as at least five years of experience in consulting, corporate, nonprofit, and/or academic organizations. The Director is an emerging leader who can work effectively with Catalyst’s corporate and community constituencies. This individual has a passion for Catalyst’s mission, and the knowledge, capabilities, skills, and experience to move Catalyst forward in pursuit of that mission.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director, Corporate Engagement, Central Canada” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.